|Industry||Computer software, Computer storage|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, US and Paris, France|
Number of locations
|Michael V. Wall, CEO|
|Products||Atempo Time Navigator, Atempo Live Navigator, Atempo Live Backup, Atempo Digital Archive, Atempo Digital Archive for Messaging|
Number of employees
Atempo, Inc. was founded in 1992 in Paris, France and is a global provider of data management software products designed for preservation and protection of corporate digital assets. The company has dual headquarters in Palo Alto, California, USA and Paris, France, with 13 offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
In March 2006, Atempo acquired Storactive and added a desktop/laptop data protection solution called Atempo Live Backup to its product portfolio. As a result of the acquisition, Neal Ater, CEO of Storactive, became the CEO of Atempo and the company moved its global headquarters to Palo Alto, California.
In February 2008, Atempo acquired Lighthouse Global. The acquisition enabled Atempo to integrate the e-mail archiving software with Atempo's file archiving technology. Following the acquisition, in March 2008, Atempo released Atempo Digital Archive (ADA), a long-term data storage system and file archiving solution aimed at mid-market and larger organizations. In July 2011, Atempo released Atempo Live Navigator, a technological marriage of Atempo Live Backup and Atempo Time Navigator that aims to protect business data on endpoint devices with oversight by corporate IT teams.
In October 2011, Neal Ater stepped down as President and CEO, remaining as chairman of the board; Atempo board member, Michael V. Wall, a founding member of the management team that developed Intel's storage business and the former CEO of US-based Dicom Grid, replaced Ater, becoming President and CEO.
- "SDA India Beta: India's Enterprise IT, IT Business, IT Services &...SDA". India Magazine. January 4, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- "Atempo Simplifies Backup And Recovery". Information Week Weblog. November 9, 2004.
- "Atempo adds EMC Fastrax support to storage software". NetworkWorld.com. October 25, 2001. Archived from the original on 2011-05-15.
- "Atempo acquires Storactive". IDG News Service. March 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30.
- "Atempo taps Storactive's CEO after merger". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. July 18, 2006.
- "Atempo acquires Lighthouse Global". Byte and Switch. February 12, 2008.
- "Atempo acquires Lighthouse Global". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. February 12, 2008.
- "Atempo Digital Archive de-duplicates files". Macworld. April 10, 2008.
- "Atempo announces new endpoint and ROBO backup solution". eChannelLine. July 6, 2011.
- "Atempo names board member Michael Wall as CEO". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. October 6, 2011.
- "ASG Technologies acquired Data Management Software Firm Atempo". Atempo. December 12, 2011.