Athena Lee (marksman)
|Occupation||Oil company contractor, firearms instructor|
|Known for||Competition shooter, USPSA Open Division Master|
Lee first got into shooting in December 1991, after going to the shooting range with her father, when he was practicing for the regional Steel Challenge in Philippines. After that, she has competed in several tournaments and matches throughout her career. She competed at the 1999 and 2002 World Shoots as part of the Philippines Ladies Team, winning gold. She also won the Steel Challenge in 2002 and 2003. In 2002, Lee's team won first place at the World Shoot XIII in South Africa. In 2007, she also won the USPSA Open Championship. In the IPSC World Shoot XV in Indonesia, Lee finished in first place among all women.
Other titles Lee has won are:
- 2-Time IPSC Handgun World Shoot Open Lady Champion (1999 & 2008)
- 2-Time Steel Challenge World Speed Shooting Open Lady Champion (2002 & 2003)
- 2-Time IPSC Australasia Handgun Championships Open Lady Champion (2001 & 2007)
- 2-Time USPSA Handgun Nationals Open Lady Champion
Lee moved to the United States in 2008, and competed for the American Shooting Team.
In 2011, Lee appeared in the second season of History Channel's marksmen competition Top Shot. During the first half of the competition, Lee competed as part of the Red Team. Her team ended up winning the first challenge, but lost on the second week. Athena was eliminated during the second week of the competition.
- World Shoot XIII - South Africa (Results)
- World Shoot Bali
- World Champion Shooter and Top Shot Competitor Athena Lee on Cheaper Than Dirt (February 11, 2011)
- Athena Lee Bio on History Channel
- Athena Lee at the Internet Movie Database
- Athena Lee at Women of USPSA