Athens – Clarke County metropolitan area
The Athens-Clarke County Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of four counties - Clarke, Madison, Oconee, and Oglethorpe - in northeastern Georgia, anchored by the city of Athens. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 166,079 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 192,222).
- Places with more than 100,000 inhabitants
- Athens-Clarke County (balance) – Principal city
- Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
- Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with fewer than 500 inhabitants
As of the census of 2000, there were 166,079 people, 63,406 households, and 37,885 families residing in the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 73.54% White, 20.48% African American, 0.20% Native American, 2.20% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 2.32% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.79% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $38,885, and the median income for a family was $46,685. Males had a median income of $33,441 versus $23,764 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $18,841.
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.