Athens Independent School District
|Athens Independent School District|
|104 Hawn St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||233.95 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.79 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Athens Independent School District is a public school district based in Athens, Texas (USA). The district serves central Henderson County and small portions of southern Van Zandt and northern Anderson counties.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,149,537,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.015 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in six schools.
- Regular instructional
- Athens High School (Grades 9-12)
- Athens Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Central Elementary (Grades HeadStart-5)
- Bel-Air Elementary (Grades HeadStart-5)
- South Athens Elementary (Grades HeadStart-5)
- Alternative instructional
- Bridges Center (Grades 9-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Athens ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Athens High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|