Born on the 9 July 1855, he was educated at Eton and Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Ordained in 1879 he was appointed Curate of All Saints’, Bradford and then Chaplain to the Bishop of Adelaide. Afterwards he was Vicar of Oulton[disambiguation needed], Rector of Croston and then Rural Dean of Leyland before ascending to the Episcopate. He died on the 5 May 1936.
- Atherton Gwillym Rawstorne. thePeerage.com. Retrieved on 15 November 2008.
- "Who was Who"1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- British History Online: The Parish of Croston. Retrieved on 15 November 2008.
- Obituary- Bishop Of Whalley Long Service In Lancashire The Times Wednesday, May 06, 1936; pg. 18; Issue 47367; col C.
- Lancashire Image Archive: Consecration of Preston Cemetery extension, including Atherton Gwillym Rawstorne, Bishop of Whalley.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Whalley
1909 – 1936
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|