|Directed by||Surender Reddy|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala
Siddharth Roy Kapoor
|Written by||Vakkantham Vamsi|
|Story by||Surender Reddy|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
|Narrated by||Abburi Ravi|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Edited by||Gowtham Raju|
UTV Motion Pictures
Krishna Pictures Private Limited
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|19 October 2007|
|Budget||₹20 crore (US$3.1 million)|
|Box office||₹35 crore (US$5.4 million)|
Athidhi or Atithi (English: Guest)  is a 2007 Telugu action thriller film starring Mahesh Babu and Amrita Rao, directed by Surender Reddy and produced by G. Ramesh Babu, brother of Mahesh Babu, under their banner Krishna Pictures Private Limited. It was released on 18 October 2007. It was dubbed into Tamil as Thani Kaattu Raja, and into Hindi as International Khiladi:The Iron Man. Athidi was released with 500 prints in 820 theaters all over the world. Athidi collected a share of ₹28 crore (US$4.3 million) in its lifetime. Athidi finished 35 days in 400 centres successfully. It grossed ₹35 crore (US$5.4 million) in four weeks.
An orphan boy, wanders through Delhi looking for a job. When selling balloons, he sees a girl whose name is Amrita and gives her a free balloon. A few days later, during a storm, Amrita finds the boy getting soaked and gives him an umbrella. The umbrella blows into a place nearby, where the Amrita's parents are headed. The boy stops their car and tells them about the dangerous path ahead destroyed by the storm. As the boy has rescued Amrita's parents, he gets adopted by them. They name the boy "Aditya"
One day, while driving Aditya to a hostel, they are stopped by a teenager, a psychopath, who mugs them, and shoots the parents. In his rage, Aditya lunges after the teen and manages to take the gun. Nearby witnesses see Aditya with a gun, and Amrita's dead parents, and think that Aditya killed them. The police arrest Aditya. Amrita also thinks that it was Aditya who killed her parents and starts to hate him and thinks that she will never see him again.
Fourteen years later, Aditya (now Mahesh Babu) gets out of jail, and goes in search of the psychopath murderer, and the girl. In Delhi, local goons are feared by Aditya, as he becomes a hurdle for their illegal operation. Once he runs across a girl named Amrita (Amrita Rao) chased by stalkers from her college. Amrita and Aditya meet many times. Amrita starts to like Aditya, but has to go back to Hyderabad before she can confess her love. When she tries to tell him that she is leaving, Aditya gets annoyed. He continuously tells her to leave him alone, and when she keeps asking to get some coffee, he slaps her. She runs away crying. Later Aditya goes to Amrita to apologize, but only finds her friend. She tells him that Amrita just wanted to tell him that she's leaving. They go to the cemetery to look for her. Amrita's friend then explains that a boy adopted by Amrita's parents killed them when she was young and Amrita goes to the cemetery to see their graves all the time. Aditya realizes that she was the same girl that he met in his childhood and leaves for Hyderabad to find her.
When Aditya also arrives in Hyderabad, and decides to stay with Amrita's family, he learns that a Mafia leader and kidnapper named Kaiser is feared there. Later, Atithi realizes that this was the psychopath teen who killed the girl's parents. Aditya stops two attempts by Kaiser to murder Amrita.
Meanwhile, Officer Ajay (Murali Sharma) is trying to track down Kaiser. Ajay dies in an explosion in his house, which was planned by Kaiser. Aditya figures out that Ajay's real name is Kaiser. Before Kaiser's house blew up, Kaiser managed to escape. When the MLA realizes that Ajay and Kaiser are the same person, the MLA, after succumbing to shock, dies from a heart attack. Aditya manages to kill many of Kaiser's men. Kaiser kidnaps Amrita and her little niece, and he then kills the little niece. Kaiser leads Amrita to a dungeon, calls Aditya, and tells him that he will kill Amrita if Aditya doesn't rescue her in 12 hours. Aditya kidnaps Kaiser's brother, and trades him for Amrita. Amrita is severely cut and stuck in a certain air tank, but is rescued. Kaiser is killed. Aditya and Amrita unite, and she realises he wasn't the one who killed her parents.
- Mahesh Babu ... Atithi Aditya aka Aadi in the Hindi dubbed Version)(
- Amrita Rao ... Amrita
- Ravi Prakash... Hero friend
- Ashish Vidyarthi ... Danny Bhai
- Murali Sharma ... Inspector Ajay Sastry/Kaiser
- Nassar ... Amrita's uncle, the Home Minister
- Kota Srinivasa Rao... Maccha Srinu, an MLA who works under Kaiser
- Subbaraju... Ganni Bhai
- Pragathi ... Nasser's wife
- Rajiv Kanakala ... Cameo Amrita's Father
- Venu Madhav ... Cameo
- Malaika Arora Khan ... Item number in the song "Rathraina"
- Ashmitha Karnani ... Amrita's Mother
- Baby Karman Sindhu
- Baby Annie ...Baby Amrita
- Director: Surender Reddy
- Producer: Ramesh Babu
- Music: Mani Sharma
- Cinematography: Sameer Reddy
- Editor: Gowtham Raju
- Stunt director: Stun Siva
- The film was released worldwide with 500 prints in 820 theaters across the globe.
- The film opened with a gross collection of ₹ 6 crores on the first day. It collected a total of around ₹16.70 crore (US$2.6 million) share in the first four days of its release.
Athidi collected a share of ₹22 crore (US$3.4 million) in its first week, breaking all records at that time. It collected a final share amount of ₹28 crore (US$4.3 million) (net) in 2 weeks. Gross collections of the film went up to ₹35 crore (US$5.4 million).
The film has music composed by Mani Sharma and released by Supreme.
|Soundtrack album by Mani Sharma|
|1.||"Khabaddarani"||Naveen, Rahul Nambiyaar||4:57|
|2.||"Gona Gona"||Naveen, Rita||4:26|
|3.||"Satyam Emito"||Deepu, Usha||4:27|
|4.||"Khiladi Koona"||Karthik, Rita||3:55|
|6.||"Valla Valla"||Rahul Nambiyaar, Dharmna||4:21|
- Business Line : Today's Paper / ECONOMY : Telugu film industry enters new era. Thehindubusinessline.com (6 November 2007). Retrieved on 2012-01-04.
- "Athidhi>Jalsa>Maghadeera<Adurs". Manabalayya Forum. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "We are now here ... infiya.com". infiya.blogspot.in. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Athidi 50days <22 ?". Nandamuri Fans Discussion Board. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- Atithi tots Rs 125 mn in 1st week – Andhravilas.com -Telugu Cinema, Telugu Movies, India News & World News, Bollywood, Songs : Archived 1 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. Andhravilas.com (31 October 2007). Retrieved on 2012-01-04.
- Prince Mahesh Babu scores hit with Athidi. Retrieved on 2013-09-27.