||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
5 November 1992 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Education||Cathedral & John Connon School
American School of Bombay
|Parent(s)||Sunil Shetty (father)
Mana Shetty (mother)
|Relatives||See Shetty family|
Athiya Shetty (born 5 November 1992) is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. She debuted in the romantic action film Hero for which she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award and a Filmfare award nomination for the Best Female Debut.
Early life and career
Shetty studied at the prestigious Cathedral and John Connon School and later shifted to the American School of Bombay. While there, she participated in school plays alongside Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff. At the age of 18, she relocated alone in New York City to enroll at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films.
In 2015, she made her acting debut in the romantic action film Hero. Produced by Salman Khan and directed by Nikkhil Advani, the film earned a total revenue of ₹33.37 crore (US$5.2 million). Shetty portrayed the role of a girl named Radha Mathur, who fell in love with a kidnapper who was paid to abduct her in order to extort her father. For her portrayal as Radha, she received Filmfare award nomination for the Best Female Debut. Bollywood Hungama, a leading website of India, wrote that ″Shetty needs some more time to improve her acting skills″. After her debut, she became the brand ambassador for the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York and featured in the Indian edition of high-profile magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan, Verve, Harper's Bazaar and many more.
|2015||Hero||Radha Mathur||Hindi||Stardust Award for best jodi with Sooraj Pancholi|
Awards and nominations
|2015||Stardust Awards||Best Jodi Of The Year With Sooraj Pancholi||Hero||Won|
|2015||Stardust Awards||Best Acting Debut (Female)||Hero||Nominated|
|2015||Big Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actress Film Debut||Hero||Nominated|
|2015||Guild Awards||Most Promising Jodi With Sooraj Pancholi||Hero||Won|
|2016||Filmfare Awards||Best Debut Actress (Female)||Hero||Nominated|
|2016||Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Hero||Nominated|
|2015||Excellence Awards||Best Debut Performance (Female)||Hero||Won|
- KBR, Upala (8 November 2010). "Sunil Shetty had a swell Diwali". Mid-Day. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty bag best debut at Dada Saheb Phalke awards". mid-day. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Acting with dad will be weird: Athiya Shetty". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Tuluvas hardworking: Sunil Shetty". deccanherald.com. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Gupta, Priya (7 May 2014). "Mumbai girls were safe when Balasaheb was alive: Suniel Shetty". Times of India. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Athiya Shetty: Lesser known facts". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Athiya Shetty: My grandfather is larger than life for me as he has never discriminated between a boy and a girl". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Hero Second Week Box Office Collection: Huge Crash". bollymoviereviewz.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty bag best debut at Dada Saheb Phalke awards". mid-day.com. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Hero Review". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Marwah, Navdeep Kaur (9 February 2014). "Athiya is definitely debuting opposite Sooraj: Suniel Shetty". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- "7 Times Athiya Shetty's Style Was On Point". cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Check out: Athiya Shetty on the cover of Harper's Bazaar India". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "GETTING TO KNOW ATHIYA SHETTY". vervemagazine.in. Retrieved 2 July 2016.