Athletics at the 1936 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Athletics at the
1936 Summer Olympics
|80 m hurdles||women|
|110 m hurdles||men|
|400 m hurdles||men|
|3000 m steeple||men|
|4×100 m relay||men||women|
|4×400 m relay||men|
|50 km walk||men|
At the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, 29 athletics events were contested, 23 for men and 6 for women. The program of events was unchanged from the previous Games. There was a total of 776 participants from 43 countries competing.
|80 metres hurdles
|4 × 100 metres relay
|| United States (USA)
|46.9|| Great Britain (GBR)
|47.6|| Canada (CAN)
|1.60 m||Dorothy Odam
|1.60 m||Elfriede Kaun
|47.63 m||Jadwiga Wajsówna
|46.22 m||Paula Mollenhauer
|45.18 m||Luise Krüger
|43.29 m||Maria Kwaśniewska
Men's Olympic and world records
Women's Olympic and world records
|80 metres hurdles||5 August||Semi-final||Trebisonda Valla||Italy||11.6||OR|
|4 × 100 metres relay||8 August||Heats||Emmy Albus
|Discus throw||4 August||Final||Gisela Mauermayer||Germany||47.63 m||OR|
|Javelin throw||2 August||Final||Tilly Fleischer||Germany||45.18 m||OR|
|1||United States (USA)||14||7||4||25|
|4||Great Britain (GBR)||2||5||0||7|
|5||Japan (JPN) ||2||2||3||7|
|New Zealand (NZL)||1||0||0||1|
- 1936 Summer Olympics results: athletics, from http://www.sports-reference.com/; retrieved 2010-04-05.
- International Olympic Committee results database
- Both Sohn Kee-chung (Son Kitei) and Nam Sung-yong (Nan Shoryu) were from Korea. The IOC credits both medals to Japan due to Korea being a Japanese colony at the time. All Korean Olympians during the Japanese colonial rule could only participate in the Games as a representative of Japan and Japan required them to use the Japanese forms of their names. However, some sources still refer to Son Kitei as the first Korean to win an Olympic marathon.
- Was a "world best" time as world records were not yet recognised for the event.
- Wind-aided mark recognised as Olympic record.