Athletics at the 1951 Pan American Games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Athletics at the I Pan American Games|
- nb Hortensia López García finished 5th in the preliminary round and advanced to the final, winning the women's javelin throw with a distance of 39.45m. Her performance was challenged that same day by the Panama athletics delegation, which claimed that only the top 4 athletes should have advanced to the final instead of the top 6. García's finals performance was briefly discounted, moving Judith Caballero of Panama up to the bronze medal position, but it was reinstated the next day. Some sources still list García's preliminary round mark of 32.68m as her final result.
|1||United States (USA)||16||13||6||35|
|Totals (11 nations)||33||33||33||99|
- Óscar I. Guevara (14 October 2011). "Ad Hominem Deportivus". Televisa Sports (in Spanish).
- I Pan American Game, Buenos Aires 1951 Women, Field. Track and Field Brinkster. Retrieved on 2018-01-13.
- Olderr, Steven (2009). The Pan American Games: A Statistical History, 1951-1999, bilingual edition. McFarland & Company. ISBN 0786443367. ISBN 978-0-7864-4336-9.
- GBR Athletics: Pan American Games
- Sports 123: Athletics at the Wayback Machine (archived 2011-10-04)