Athletics at the 1990 South American Games
|Athletics at the IV South American Games|
|Host city||Lima, Perú|
|Main stadium||Estadio Nacional|
|Events||42 (23 men, 19 women)|
Athletics events at the 1990 South American Games were held at the Estadio Atlético de San Luis next to the Estadio Nacional in Lima, Perú, between December 6-9, 1990. A total of 42 events were contested, 23 by men and 19 by women.
Medal winners were published in a book by written Argentinian journalist Ernesto Rodríguez III with support of the Argentine Olympic Committee (Spanish: Comité Olímpico Argentino) under the auspices of the Ministry of Education (Spanish: Ministerio de Educación de la Nación) in collaboration with the Office of Sports (Spanish: Secretaría de Deporte de la Nación). Eduardo Biscayart supplied the list of winners and their results. More results were assembled from other sources.
Medal table (unofficial)
- Lima 90, PERU, IV JUEGOS SUDAMERICANOS, Fecha de apertura: 1 de diciembre de 1990, Fecha de clausura: 10 de diciembre de 1990 (in Spanish), ODESUR, retrieved June 11, 2012
- Rodríguez III, Ernesto (2010), LIBROS DEL CICLO OLÍMPICO ARGENTINO - Libro I de los Juegos Odesur 1978-2010 (in Spanish) (1a. ed.), Buenos Aires: Alarco Ediciones, p. 192, ISBN 978-987-1367-18-4, retrieved June 3, 2012
- SOUTH AMERICAN (ODESUR) GAMES, Athletics Weekly, retrieved June 3, 2012
- ORO EN MARCHA (in Spanish), Explored, Quito, Ecuador, 9 December 1990, archived from the original on 6 January 2013, retrieved 12 June 2012
- ORO PARA YOLANDA QUIMBITA (in Spanish), Explored, Quito, Ecuador, 9 December 1990, archived from the original on 6 January 2013, retrieved 12 June 2012