|Other names||Divya Ravi|
Athulya Ravi is an Indian actress who has appeared in Tamil films. After making her debut with Kadhal Kan Kattudhe (2017), Athulya has gone on to act in films including V. Z. Durai's Yemaali (2018) and Samuthirakani's Naadodigal 2.
Prior to her acting career, Athulya, a native of Coimbatore, studied Information Technology at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore. Athulya made her acting debut through the college romance film Kadhal Kan Kattudhe (2017), which released on the 2017 Valentines Day weekend. The film won positive reviews, with The Times of India writing "it’s always a pleasant surprise when a small film manages to punch above its weight", adding that "this refreshing little romance does this in an impressive manner, even while ticking all the genre indispensables". Likewise, a reviewer from the Deccan Chronicle wrote "though Kadhal Kan Kattuthe is the usual romance, breakup, reunion story, what makes it tick is its lively presentation combined with well-written dialogues and appreciable performances from a new set of actors", concluding that overall it was "a cool and breezy film that is worth a watch". The film took a low profile opening, but eventually out ran bigger profile films Ennodu Vilayadu and Pagadi Aattam at the Chennai box office.
The popularity she garnered with her first film prompted the film director V. Z. Durai to cast her in Yemaali (2018), where she would feature alongside newcomer Sam Jones and Samuthirakani. Portraying a character knows as "Ri" (Ritu), Athulya described that the character was a modern and independent girl, who is exactly opposite to what she was in real life. For the role, Athulya trained to walk and talk like the character, coloured her hair and lost weight to look the part.
She will then be seen as a village girl in Samuthirakani's sequel to Naadodigal (2009), where she will work alongside a cast including Sasikumar, Anjali and Bharani. Athulya has also shot for Ramprakash Rayappa's crime-thriller Suttu Pidikka Uttharavu, where she will play the love interest of Vikranth Santhosh's character.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2017||Kadhal Kan Kattudhe||Athulya||Debut film|
|2019||Suttu Pidikka Utharavu||Bhuvana|
- "Kadhal Kan Kattuthe Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Kadhal Kan Kattudhe movie review: Cool and breezy film worth a watch". 18 February 2017.
- "Kadhal Kankattudhe: A feel-good film for your weekend".
- "Athulya Ravi in VZ Durai's next".
- "My character is opposite to what I am in real life: Athulya - Times of India".
- Athulya Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Date of birth, Images, November 04, 2019
- "Athulya Ravi joins Nadodigal 2".
- "Anjali, Athulya to play the female leads in Naadodigal 2 - Times of India".
- "Athulya has a bold role in SPU". 5 January 2018.