|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||2,790 ft (850 m)|
Atiak is in Kilak County the Amuru District. It is approximately 71 kilometres (44 mi), by road, north of Gulu, the largest city in the Acholi sub-region. Atiak is approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi) south of the South Sudanese town of Nimule at the international border with Uganda. This is approximately 407 kilometres (253 mi), north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are 3°15'33.0"N, 32°07'23.0"E (Latitude:3.259167; Longitude:32.123056).
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town or or close to its borders:
- offices of Atiak Town Council
- Atiak central market
- Gulu–Nimule Road, passing through the center of town in a general north/south direction.
- GFC (23 July 2015). "Road Distance Between Atiak And Gulu With Map". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- UNRA. "Atiak-Nimule Road (35Km): Funded By JICA And Government of Uganda". Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA).
- GFC (23 July 2015). "Road Distance Between Kampala And Gulu With Map". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Google (23 July 2015). "Location of Atiak at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- LIGI-UBC (4 April 2007). "The Justice And Reconciliation Project: Field Notes - Remembering The Atiak Massacre of April 20th 1995" (PDF). Liu Institute for Global Issues at University of British Columbia (LIGI-UBC). Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Vision Reporter (10 May 2012). "Museveni Launches Gulu-Juba Road Works, to Cost USh89 Billion". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 23 July 2015.