Atkinson Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.2 sq mi (91 km2)|
|• Land||35.11 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.26%|
|Elevation||607 ft (185 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,241|
|• Density||36.3/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61235, 61254, 61277|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.2 square miles (91 km2), of which 35.11 square miles (90.9 km2) (or 99.74%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.26%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Atkinson (partial)
- Loraine Township (north)
- Yorktown Township (northeast)
- Alba Township (east)
- Annawan Township (southeast)
- Cornwall Township (south)
- Munson Township (southwest)
- Geneseo Township (west)
- Phenix Township (northwest)
The township contains Spring Creek Cemetery.
- Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park (west half)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- "Atkinson Township, Henry County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.