Atlántida Sport Club
|Full name||Atlántida Sport Club|
|Founded||December 23, 1906|
|Ground||Estadio Flaviano Díaz,|
Barrio Obrero, Paraguay
|2012, Primera C||1° (promoted)|
Atlántida Sport Club is a Paraguayan football (soccer) club from the neighbourhood of Barrio Obrero, in Asunción. The club was founded in Dec 23, 1906 and plays in the Third Division. Their home games are played at the Estadio Flaviano Díaz.
The club has been playing in the lower divisions of the Paraguayan league for several decades and their most notable achievements are the three second-place finishes they achieved when they were playing in the first division.
The club was founded right before Christmas day on December 23, 1906. Its main founders were Flaviano Díaz, Héctor Díaz, Lino Bogado, Miguel Ferraro and Antonio Tavarozzi, being Flaviano Díaz its first president ever.
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Played at least 125 games for the club.
- Set a club record or won an individual award while at the club.
- Been part of a national team squad at any time.
- Played in the first division of any other football association (outside of Paraguay).
- Played in a continental and/or intercontinental competition.
- Paraguayan players
- Paulo da Silva
- Runners-up (3): 1910, 1911, 1936
- 1927, 1951
- 1960, 1978, 1981
- 1997, 2012
- Runners-up (1): 2007
Another national championships
- Liga Centenario: 2
- 1915, 1917.
- Abc Color (ed.) «ABC Digital Breve reseña histórica» (in spanish) Dec 23, 2008. Retrieved Nov 26, 2012.
- ABC Color (ed.) «Atlántida subió a la Primera “B”» Nov 17, 2007. (in spanish) Asunción. Retrieved Nov 26, 2012.
- ABC Color (ed.) «Atlántida, campeón» Sept 23, 2012. (in spanish) Asunción. Retrieved Nov 26, 2012.
- Bestard, Miguel Ángel (1981) «80 años de Fútbol en Paraguay: LOS CAMPEONATOS DE LA LIGA PARAGUAYA» (in spanish) Asunción. Retrieved Nov 26, 2012.
|This article about sports in Paraguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South American football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|