Atlanta Independent School District
|Atlanta Independent School District|
|106 W Main St.
ESC Region 8
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||133.94 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.54 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Atlanta Independent School District is a public school district based in Atlanta, Texas (USA). In addition to Atlanta, the district also serves the town of Douglassville. The district operates one high school, Atlanta High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $537,222,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.015 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools.
- Regular instructional
- Atlanta High School (9th- 12th grade)
- Atlanta Middle School (6th- 8th grade)
- Atlanta Elementary School (3rd- 5th grade)
- Atlanta Primary School (Kindergarten- 2nd grade)
- DAEP instructional
- Corrective Behavior Center (Grades 5-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Atlanta ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Atlanta High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|