|Based in||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Home field||Arena at Gwinnett Center|
|League||Legends Football League|
The Atlanta Steam is a women's American football team of the Legends Football League based in Atlanta, Georgia. The Steam is the league's 14th team and plays its games at the Arena at Gwinnett Center in suburban Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Although the Steam (along with the San Diego Seduction, Las Vegas Sin and Miami Caliente) were to be the four teams added to the LFL for its inaugural season in 2008, the league never played that season, and by the time the league did begin play in 2009, Atlanta was not among the teams.
LFL's Atlanta franchise originally began as the proposed St. Louis Saints. The team name was selected by fans in a vote. Team tryouts took place on June 24, 2012 at the Vetta Sports Club Soccerdome. Among the people trying out was former soccer player and 2006 Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Year and 2008 St. Louis University leading scorer Julia Brandenburg. After negotiations to use the Family Arena fell through, the LFL suspended the Saints indefinitely, and was replaced by a new Atlanta team. In its first game, the Steam was shutout by the Jacksonville Breeze, 48–0.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2013)|
- "New St. Louis Lingerie Football League franchise announces name, logo (and it may sound familiar) | Off the Bench". Offthebench.nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "St. Louis Saints Lingerie Football League Holding Tryouts | FOX2now.com – St. Louis News & Weather from KTVI Television FOX2". Fox2now.com. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Lingerie Football League hits St. Louis". Foxsportsdetroit.com. 2012-06-28. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "Lingerie Football League has no place to play in St. Louis". ksdk.com. 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- "New LFL Team Will Launch In Atlanta « 30 and Beyond". 30sandbeyond.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Marcus de la Fuente. "BREEZE, PURNELL MAKE IT LOOK EASY IN THE SEASON OPENER". LFL360. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
|This American football team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Atlanta is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|