|TV, Internet & Phone services|
|Founded||2004, as spin-off of Charter Communications|
|Frank van der Post (President)|
|Products||Narrowcasting, Broadband Internet, Voice over IP|
Atlantic Broadband, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. is the 8th largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company currently provides TV, Internet and Phone services to approximately 307,000 television service customers located in eleven states: New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, New York Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina and Florida. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts. It was formed by acquiring nonstrategic regions from Charter Communications in 2004 and from the acquisition of properties from MetroCast.
In 2018, Cogeco acquired MetroCast and merged it with the Atlantic Broadband system. MetroCast networks covered around 236,000 homes and businesses in New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia and served about 120,000 Internet, 76,000 cable and 37,000 telephone customers.
- List of United States telephone companies
- List of multiple-system operators
- List of wired multiple-system broadband providers in Massachusetts (by municipality)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2014-05-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- U.S. Cable Company MetroCast Sold to Canada's Cogeco Communications For $1.4B