Atlantic Coast Radio
Atlantic Coast Radio, LLC is a radio company located in the state of Maine, owned by longtime broadcaster J. J. Jeffrey. It was incorporated in 1982 and has a staff count of approximately twenty. Prior to the current radio group, Jeffrey was a partner in Fuller-Jeffrey Broadcasting with Bob Fuller. Fuller-Jeffery's portfolio included WBLM and WOKQ but the company was dissolved in 1997 when Citadel Broadcasting bought the group. Its studios are located at 779 Warren Ave. in Portland, Maine.
In August 2008 the company announced some big changes with its stations that would take place in late August 2008 and September 1. The changes were that Rhythmic Top 40 WRED 95.9, Red Hot 95.9, would be eliminated, turning into a WEEI multicast station under the calls WPEI. The Big Jab's FM simulcast on 95.5 FM would turn into a WEEI multicast station as well, under the call letters of WGEI. WLOB newsradio's FM simulcast on 96.3 FM would turn into the new FM simulcast of The Big Jab, and WLOB would go strictly AM on 1310 AM. So that WLOB didn't have to be heard in AM sound only, WLOB starting streaming online in September 2008, as Atlantic Coast Radio's first station to stream online. The Big Jab now brands itself under its FM simulcast as "96.3 The Big Jab". The Big Jab started streaming online in the spring of 2009.
In April 2009 WGEI 95.5 FM, flipped from a WEEI multicast station to a simulcast of AM sister station WLOB. The station has since changed call letters to WPPI. WLOB is no longer AM only, which it was from September 2008 to March 2009.
- WLOB 1310 AM and WPPI 95.5 FM News/Talk
- WJJB 96.3 FM, WRED (AM) 1440 AM, Sports.
- WPEI 95.9 FM, WEEI-FM multicast station.
Former stations (as Fuller-Jeffrey Broadcasting)
- Seacoast market: WOKQ 97.5, WPKQ 103.7, WXBB 105.3, WXBP 102.1.
- Portland market: WCYI 93.9, WCYY 94.3, WHOM 94.9, WJBQ 97.9, WCLZ 98.9, WBLM 102.9.
- "Atlantic Coast Radio". Manta. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Atlantic Coast Radio, LLC". Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Routhier, Ray (19 August 2008). "WEEI to air in Maine Sept. 1". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 13 August 2015.