|Maritime Sediments, Maritime Sediments and Atlantic Geology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Sandra Barr, Rob Fensome, Simon Haslett, David West|
Atlantic Geoscience Society (Canada)
Atlantic Geology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering the geology of Atlantic Canada and related areas. It is the only regional geology journal in Canada and publishes papers, notes and discussions on original research, and review papers. It was established in 1965 and since 1986 has been published by the Atlantic Geoscience Society with digital publishing assistance from the University of New Brunswick. The journal was one of the first all-digital publications in Canada.
The journal was established in 1965 as Maritime Sediments and later renamed Maritime Sediments and Atlantic Geology before obtaining its current name. The founding editor-in-chief was Daniel Stanley (Dalhousie University).
Subsequent editors have included Deryck Laming, Bernard Pelletier, George Pajari, Ron Pickerill, G Williams, and the current editors, Sandra Barr (Acadia University), Rob Fensome (Geological Survey of Canada), Simon Haslett (Cardiff University), and David West (Middlebury College).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed by GeoRef, Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences, and The Zoological Record. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 0.856.
- "History of the Atlantic Geoscience Society". Atlantic Geoscience Society. Retrieved 14 Feb 2014.
- "About the journal". University of New Brunswick. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Barr, S (2014). The history of the Atlantic Geology journal: the first 50 years. Keynote talk at the Atlantic Geoscience Society annual colloquium, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, February 2014.
- "GeoRef serials". American Geosciences Institute. Retrieved 14 Feb 2014.
- "Scopus title list" (Microsoft Excel). Elsevier. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- "Atlantic Geology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.