Atlantis Word Processor
|Developer(s)||The Atlantis Word Processor Team|
3.2.11 / Feb 7, 2019
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|License||Free to try|
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Atlantis offers many features standard in other word processors. But it lacks some important features like collaboration. It also does not support text wrapping around pictures. The present version of Atlantis Word Processor is not suitable for creating complex scientific documents with mathematical formulae and embedded objects.
On the other hand, Atlantis Word Processor has a number of features popular among writers. The Overused Words feature helps writers avoid repetitions and clichés. The "Save as eBook" feature converts any document to an eBook. Atlantis also provides writers with information about writing time and speed. Finally, Atlantis can be used to print booklets (including pocket-size booklets).
Supported file formats
For both reading and writing:
- MS Write (.WRI)
- OpenDocument (.ODT)
Atlantis Word Processor also has its proprietary document format (COD) for encrypted documents.
Atlantis Word Processor is distributed as shareware.
There is also a free version of Atlantis Word Processor with fewer features called Atlantis Nova. It does not have some features the full version of Atlantis has; for example, the program does not include a built-in spellchecker.
Beginning with Atlantis Word Processor version 126.96.36.199, support for Windows 9x (95, 98, ME) and Windows NT4 is stopped.
- List of word processors
- Comparison of word processors
- List of portable software
- Office Open XML software
- OpenDocument software
- "CNET editors' review of Atlantis Word Processor". CNet. Archived from the original on 2012-10-02. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
Great for formatting but not for collaborating, this word processor program offers plenty of features for the budding wordsmith.
- "Editorial Review of Atlantis Word Processor". PC World. Archived from the original on 2009-11-24. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
This word processor seems ideally suited for writers and students, with all the editing and formatting tools you'd expect, plus useful features like Overused Words, which can help improve your writing.
- "EPUB Resources and Guides". O'Reilly Labs. 2009-03-11. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
The Atlantis Word Processor can save documents as EPUB.
- "Dr. File Finder's Picks: Review of Atlantis Word Processor". Tucows. 2008-04-17. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
Another cool feature is that the Atlantis Word Processor can go portable! I installed it to my Sandisk USB drive with all my other portable applications and it worked perfectly.
- "Editorial Review of Atlantis Nova". PC World. 2008-02-05. Archived from the original on 3 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
It provides the 10 percent of the word processing features that most people need to get 90 percent of their work done.