Atlantis Word Processor
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2018)
|Developer(s)||The Atlantis Word Processor Team|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|License||Free to try|
Atlantis Word Processor is a stand-alone word processor for Microsoft Windows. It used to be known as "Atlantis Ocean Mind".
Atlantis offers many features standard in other word processors. But it lacks some important features like collaboration. The present version of Atlantis Word Processor is not suitable for creating complex scientific documents with mathematical formulae and embedded objects.
On the other hand, Atlantis Word Processor has a number of features popular among writers. The Overused Words feature helps writers avoid repetitions and clichés. The "Save as eBook" feature converts any document to an eBook. Atlantis also provides writers with information about writing time and speed. Finally, Atlantis can be used to print booklets (including pocket-size booklets).
Atlantis Word Processor is portable and can be installed on USB flash drives.
Supported file formats
For both reading and writing:
- MS Word 6.0-2003 (.DOC)
- Office Open XML (.DOCX)
- Rich Text Format (.RTF)
- Plain text (.TXT)
- MS Write (.WRI)
- OpenDocument (.ODT)
Atlantis Word Processor also has its proprietary document format (COD) for encrypted documents.
Atlantis Word Processor is distributed as shareware.
There is also a free version of Atlantis Word Processor with fewer features called Atlantis Word Processor Lite. It does not have some features the full version of Atlantis has; for example, the program does not include a built-in spellchecker.
Beginning with Atlantis Word Processor version 126.96.36.199, support for Windows 9x (95, 98, ME) and Windows NT4 was dropped.
- List of word processors
- Comparison of word processors
- List of portable software
- Office Open XML software
- OpenDocument software
- ^ "Atlantis Word Processor. Release notes - version 188.8.131.52". Archived from the original on 5 September 2022.
- ^ "Atlantis Word Processor. The creative writer's best friend". Archived from the original on 1 September 2022.
- ^ "CNET editors' review of Atlantis Word Processor". CNet. Archived from the original on 2012-10-02. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
Great for formatting but not for collaborating, this word processor program offers plenty of features for the budding wordsmith.
- ^ "Editorial Review of Atlantis Word Processor". PC World. Archived from the original on 2009-11-24. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
This word processor seems ideally suited for writers and students, with all the editing and formatting tools you'd expect, plus useful features like Overused Words, which can help improve your writing.
- ^ "EPUB Resources and Guides". O'Reilly Labs. 2009-03-11. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
The Atlantis Word Processor can save documents as EPUB.
- ^ "Dr. File Finder's Picks: Review of Atlantis Word Processor". Tucows. 2008-04-17. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
Another cool feature is that the Atlantis Word Processor can go portable! I installed it to my Sandisk USB drive with all my other portable applications and it worked perfectly.
- ^ "Atlantis Word Processor Lite". Archived from the original on 2019-04-25.