|Traded as||ASX: AGO|
|Predecessor||Atlas Gold Limited|
|Cliff Lawrenson (Managing Director)|
Number of employees
|Approx 600 people|
Atlas Iron is an Australian mining company and an iron ore explorer, developer and producer, predominantly active in the Pilbara region. The company operates three iron ore mines in Western Australia.
Atlas became Australia's newest iron ore producer when it commenced production at Pardoo in late 2008.
The company plans to lift production from its Pilbara operations to 12 million tonnes of iron ore by 2014. Of these, 10 million tonnes are scheduled to come from the new Turner River hub, which is to blend and process ore from the company's northern Pilbara projects, located at Wodgina, Abydos and Mt Webber.
- Atlas Iron Australian Securities Exchange website, accessed: 25 November 2010
- http://www.atlasiron.com.au/irm/content/default.aspx Atlas Iron website, accessed: 25 March 2014
- ATLAS IRON LIMITED (AGO) delisted.com.au, accessed: 25 November 2010
- Atlas misses out as orders dry up The Age, published: 21 October 2008, accessed: 24 November 2010
- Atlas Iron lifts exports ahead of schedule The Sydney Morning Herald, published: 1 November 2010, accessed: 24 November 2010
- "Mining Journal - Atlas Iron makes US$825m bid for Giralia". Retrieved 2010-12-21.