Atma Jaya University, Yogyakarta
Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta (English: Atma Jaya University, Yogyakarta) is a university in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, which was affiliated with the Universitas Katolik Indonesia Atma Jaya in Jakarta.
UAJY is one of the 50 most promising university and one of the best six universities in Indonesia in quality assurance according to Directorate of Higher Education, Department of National Education.
The university was established on 27 September 1965 by the Yogyakarta branch of the Atma Jaya Catholic University Institute of Indonesia. The founders were R.A. Soehardi, A.J. Liem Sioe Siet A., Sutijoso, Oey Liang Lee and Leo Sukoto.
Originally an extension of the Universitas Atma Jaya in Jakarta, it became an independent university under the auspices of the Slamet Rijadi Foundation on 31 August 1973. The university borrowed classrooms from the IKIP (Teaching and Education Institute) Sanata Dharma, now the Universitas Sanata Dharma, until its own campus buildings, at Mrican Baru Street, were finished in 1980.
Growing student numbers led to the Faculty of Engineering and the Administration department being moved to a new building in Babarsari Road in 1990, in conjunction with the celebrations of the silver anniversary of the founding of the university. In 1995, the Economics Faculty and the Postgraduate Program moved into a new building beside the existing building in Babarsari Road. In 2005 a new building was built adjacent to the Faculty of Engineering and the Administration department to host the Faculty of Social and Political Science. The University also acquired the former BHS Bank building to host administrative department.
An integrated four-story library was built next to the Faculty of Social and Political Science building. It will host library and Information Systems Center. The library building officially opened in a Mass led by Mgr. Ignatius Suharyo (archbishop) in October 2009.
In late 2010, a project for a new building was started. It was planned as an addition to the Faculty of Social and Political Science Building. The newer building is on the east of the current building.
- Engineering Dean Prof. Ir. Yoyong Arfiadi, M.Eng, Ph.D.
- Civil Engineering (Program Leader Johanes Januar Sudjati, S.T., M.T.)
- Architecture (Program Leader Ir. Soesilo Budi Leksono, S.T., M.T.)
- Head of International Class Luky Handoko, S.T., M.Eng., Dr.Eng.
- Economics Dean Drs. Budi Suprapto, M.B.A., Ph.D.
- Management (Program Leader Debora Wintriarsi H., S.E., M.M., M.Sc.)
- Accounting (Program Leader Drs. I Gede Siswantaya, M.Si.)
- Economic and Development studies (Program Leader Drs. Sigit Triandaru, M.Si., Ph.D.)
- Head of International Class Nadia Nila Sari.
- Law Dean Fransiscus Xaverius Endro Susilo, S.H., L.LM.
- Technobiology Dean Dr. E. Mursyanti, M.Si
- Environmental Science
- Industrial Technology Dean Dr. A. Teguh Siswantoro
- Social and Political Science Dean Dr. M.C. Ninik Sri Rejeki, M.Si.
- Communications (Program Leader Ike Devi Sulistyaningtyas, M.Si.)
- Sociology (Program Leader FX. Bambang Kusumo Prihandono, M.A.)
Director Drs. Parnawa Putranta, M.B.A., Ph.D.
In 2009, along with the appointment of the new director of postgraduate program (Dr. Sari Murti Widiyastuti, SH, M.Hum) UAJY was planning to establish doctoral program within the Faculty of Economics (management) and Faculty of Law.
- Master of Management (Program Leader Drs. Parnawa Putranta, M.B.A., Ph.D.)
- Master of Civil Engineering (Program Leader Dr. Ir. Imam Basuki, M.T.)
- Master of Law (Program Leader Dr. E. Sundari, S.H., M.Hum.)
- Master of Digital Architecture (Program Leader Dr. Amos Setiadi, S.T., M.T.)
- Master of Informatics (Program Leader Prof. Ir. Suyoto, M.Sc., Ph.D.)
The motto of the university is "Servien in lumine veritatis" (serving in the light of truth).