|Humor, film website|
|Industry||Online video entertainment, film|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Parent||MTV Networks (Viacom)|
On August 10, 2006, Atom Entertainment was bought by MTV Networks with all its properties, including AtomFilms, Addicting Games, Addicting Clips (renamed AtomUploads) and Shockwave.com. The buyout occurred shortly after negotiations against and subsequently with Google to purchase YouTube. In 2012, Atom.com was absorbed into Comedy Central, and was renamed CC Studios.
- Marriott, Michel (April 29, 2004). "NEWS WATCH: ENTERTAINMENT; Hurtling Onto Your Hard Drive, Short Films on Demand". The New York Times.
- Lyman, Rick (March 27, 2000). "MEDIA; Hollywood Greets Online Entrepreneurs". The New York Times.
- Harmon, Amy (December 16, 2000). "COMPANY NEWS; SHOCKWAVE.COM SETS ATOMFILMS TAKEOVER". The New York Times.
- Houston, Frank (June 15, 2000). "Hollywood Flirts With Short Films on the Web". The New York Times.
- Ahrens, Frank (August 10, 2006). "Viacom's MTV unit buys Atom Entertainment for its film, gaming web sites". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 16, 2006.