|Look up atomization or atomizer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Atomization refers to breaking bonds in some substance to obtain its constituent atoms in gas phase. By extension, it also means separating something into fine particles, for example: process of breaking bulk liquids into small droplets.
Atomization may also refer to:
Science and technology
- The making of an aerosol, which is a colloidal suspension of fine solid particles or liquid droplets in a gas
- An apparatus using an atomizer nozzle
- Sprays, mists, fogs, clouds, dust clouds and smoke, which appear to be atomized
- A nebulizer, which is a device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs
- An electronic cigarette atomizer is a component which employs a heating element to vaporize a flavored solution, that may or may not contain nicotine, for inhalation into the lungs
- The conversion of a vaporized sample into atomic components in atomic spectroscopy
- Atomizer (album), a 1986 album by Big Black
- Atomizer (band), a British synthpop duo
- In fiction, the complete disintegration of a targeted object into the atoms which constitute it is accomplished by shooting it with a disintegrator ray
- Atomizer Geyser, a cone geyser in Yellowstone National Park.