Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial Airport
|Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial Airport|
|Owner||North Slope Borough|
|Elevation AMSL||101 ft / 31 m|
Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial Airport (IATA: ATK, ICAO: PATQ, FAA LID: ATK) is an uncontrolled public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) south of the central business district of Atqasuk, a city in North Slope Borough, Alaska, United States. The airport is owned by North Slope Borough.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 2,105 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 2,107 enplanements in 2009, and 2,499 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial Airport resides at elevation of 101 feet (31 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 6/24 with a gravel surface measuring 4,370 by 90 feet (1,332 x 27 m). For the 12-month period ending January 1, 2006, the airport had 530 aircraft operations, an average of 44 per month: 94% air taxi and 6% general aviation.
Airlines and destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service at this airport:
operated by Hageland Aviation Services
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|Hageland Aviation Services||
- FAA Airport Master Record for ATK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective January 5, 2017.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (ATK: Atqasuk)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "Alaskan ICAO Identifiers". Federal Aviation Administration. Archived from the original on July 28, 2009. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- "Destinations". (retrieved January 11, 2017)
- "Atqasuk, AK: Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial (ATK)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. December 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Alaska FAA Airport Diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ATK, effective November 9, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|1||Barrow, Alaska||Wiley Post/Will Rogers Memorial Airport||1,910|