This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
It is around 30 km from Aligarh, which is famous for Aligarh Muslim University. and 52 km from Khair. 20 km from Narora Atomic Power Plant (the only Nuclear Project in UP), situated at right bank of Holy river Ganges.Ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh MR. Kalyan Singh has contested many elections from Atrauli constituency.The name of the town is taken from Atri Muni who visited Atrauli.
Atrauli is located at  It has an average elevation of 136 metres (446 feet)..
As of the 2001 Census of India, Atrauli had a population of 43,845. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Atrauli has an average literacy rate of 45%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 62% of the males and 38% of females literate. 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Ashok Singhal, National President Vishwa Hindu Parishad
- Kalyan Singh, Ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and current Governor of Rajasthan
- Khadim Hussain Khan, Indian classical singer of Agra gharana
- Rajiv Dixit, Orator
- Ravikant Nagaich, Hindi film director
- Ustad Alladiya Khan, founder of the Jaipur-Atrauli gharana school of music
- "Atrauli". pincode.
- Where talent matters Times of India, June 26, 2006. "Heaven knows how many singers were fortunate to have sat at the feet of Ustad Alladiya Khan, founder of the Jaipur-Atrauali gharana."
- Kumāraprasāda Mukhopādhyāẏa (1 January 2006). The Lost World of Hindustani Music. Penguin Books India. pp. 154–. ISBN 978-0-14-306199-1. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Atrauli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.