Atsubetsu-ku (厚別区) is one of the ten wards in Sapporo city, Japan. The word was split from Shiroishi-ku on November 6, 1989.
- 1871 Shiroishi village was founded.
- 1873 Kamishiroishi village split off from Shiroishi village.
- 1902 Shiroishi village and kamishiroishi village were merged to form Shiroishi village.
- 1950 Shiroishi village was merged into Sapporo city.
- 1972 Sapporo was designated as one of the cities designated by government ordinance and Shiroishi-ku was established.
- 1989 Atsubetsu-ku split off from Shiroishi-ku.
- Hokkaido Sapporo Atsubetsu High School
- Hokkaido Sapporo Keisei High School
- Hokkaido Sapporo Higashi Commercial High School
- Hokusei Gakuen University High School
Coordinates: 43°2′10″N 141°28′29″E / 43.03611°N 141.47472°E