Atsuro Riley is an American writer.
Riley is the author of Romey's Order (University of Chicago Press, 2010), a collection of poems.
He is a recipient of the Whiting Award, the Kate Tufts Discovery Award, The Believer Poetry Award, the Witter Bynner Award from The Library of Congress, the Lannan Foundation Literary Fellowship, the Pushcart Prize, the Wood Prize from Poetry magazine, and a National Endowment for the Arts Literature Fellowship.
His work has appeared in Poetry (magazine), The Kenyon Review, McSweeney's, The Believer, The Threepenny Review, The New Republic, Free Verse Journal, Riddle Fence (Canada), Southern Cultures, The Poetry Review (UK), Poetry International.
His poetry has been anthologized in The Open Door: One Hundred Poems, One Hundred Years of Poetry Magazine, Poems of the American South (Everyman's Library-Knopf, 2014),The Oxford Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry (Oxford University Press, 2014), The McSweeney's Book of Poets Picking Poets (McSweeney's, 2007), Poems From Far and Wide (McSweeney's, 2017), Vinegar and Char (University of Georgia Press, 2018)
- Whiting Award
- Kate Tufts Discovery Award
- The Believer Poetry Award
- Lannan Literary Fellowship, Lannan Foundation
- Witter Bynner Fellowship, Library of Congress
- Pushcart Prize
- J. Howard and Barbara M.J. Wood Prize, Poetry
- National Endowment for the Arts Literature Fellowship
- Alice Fay di Castagnola Award Finalist; Poetry Society of America
NEW! *"Stranger", The Threepenny Review, Summer 2018
- "Shed", The Threepenny Review, Summer 2017
- "Creekthroat", Poetry, September 2017
- "Element", Poetry, September 2017
- "Knell", Poetry, September 2017
- "Milk", Poetry, September 2017
- "Lobe", Poetry, September 2017
- "Moth", Poetry, December 2015
- "Thicket", Poetry, September 2013
- "Striplings", Poetry, December 2012
- "Hutch", Poetry, December 2007
- "Clary", Poetry, September 2008
- "Sunder", Poetry, April 2011
- "Craw", Poetry, April 2011
- The Oxford Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry (Oxford University Press, 2014)
- The Open Door: One Hundred Poems, One Hundred Years of Poetry Magazine
- Poems of the American South (Everyman's Library-Knopf, 2014)
- The McSweeney's Book of Poets Picking Poets (McSweeney's, 2007)
- Poems From Far and Wide (McSweeney's, 2017)
- Vinegar and Char (University of Georgia Press, 2018)
- Peter Campion (May 2010). "Rhetoric, Music, America: POETRY magazine review". POETRY.
- The Believer editors (May 2011). "The Believer Poetry Award citation". The Believer.
- Dominic Luxford (October 2010). "The Believer Review". The Believer.
- Dana Jennings (October 18, 2010). "The Sting of Salt Air, Old Loves and Honey Bees". The New York Times.
- Alex Lemon (December 26, 2010). "Book reviews: Romey's Order, by Atsuro Riley, and Ideal Cities, by Erika Meitner". The Dallas Morning News.
- Jon Thompson (Winter 2010–2011). "Going Home". Free Verse.
- Jim Schley (August 15, 2010). "Debut Dazzles with Originality". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- "Atsuro Riley (poet) - USA - Poetry International". www.poetryinternationalweb.net.
- "Atsuro RILEY - Poets & Writers". www.pw.org.
- "The Open Door".
- "Atsuro Riley - WHITING AWARDS". www.whiting.org.
- "Atsuro Riley - Lannan Foundation". www.lannan.org.
- Audio site with author's reading of the poems & links to reviews —www.atsuroaudio.org—
- Author info, links to reviews, etc. —www.pw.org/content/atsuro_riley—
- Podcast: "About a Boy: The Shape Things Take to Atsuro Riley"—— with critical commentary by Dominic Luxford
- Poetry International (Rotterdam) critical commentary + poems
- Flavorwire: 50 Best American Poetry Books of the Decade So Far
- Profile at The Whiting Foundation
|This article about a poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|