|Full name||Atsushi Shimono|
|Date of birth||April 27, 1988|
|Place of birth||Kanagawa, Japan|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Tsukimino Secondary School|
|Yamato Minami High School|
|JAPAN Soccer College|
|2009-2012||Albirex Niigata Singapore||110||(8)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2015.
A school team player for his alma maters Tsukimino Secondary School and Yamato Minami High School, Shimono's ability was recognized when he was one of several young players drafted into Albirex Niigata (S)'s squad during the 2009 S.League, along with Kenji Adachihara, Ryuta Hayashi and Takasuke Goto, while he was playing for the Japan Soccer College in the Hokushin'etsu Football League. This was made possible due to Japan Soccer College's official affiliation with Albirex Niigata (S)'s parent club, Albirex Niigata, and its players are often selected to turn out for the satellite Albirex Niigata (S) squad in the S.League.
He made his debut for Woodlands Wellington on 21 February 2013 in a 2-2 draw against Warriors F.C.. and scored his first goal for Woodlands Wellington incidentally in the reverse fixture against the Warriors on 25 May 2013.
Club Career Statistics
- As of 16 July 2013
|Club Performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Total|
|Singapore||S.League||Singapore Cup||League Cup|
|Albirex Niigata (S)||2009||16 (9)||1||0||0||0||0||2||0||0||16 (9)||1|
|2011||27 (4)||3||6||1||4||0||2||0||0||37 (4)||4|
- All numbers encased in brackets signify substitute appearances.
- 2011: Champions
- Soccerway profile
- "Announcement of Shimono's transfer.". Albirex Niigata Singapore.
- Roar! Team of the Year, The New Paper, Roar!, Page 6, Sunday, November 13, 2012
- "Atsushi Shimono - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway.com.
- "Shimono Completes his Transfer to Woodlands". Woodlands Wellington Football Club.
- "Match Statistics for Match 0004 - Woodlands Wellington FC vs Warriors FC". S.League.
- "Match Statistics for Match 0072 - Warriors FC vs Woodlands Wellington FC". S.League.