Muhammad Attamimi Halilintar (born 20 November 1994), professionally known either as Atta Halilintar or simply as Atta is an Indonesian YouTuber, content creator, social media personality, actor, singer and businessman. He is the first YouTuber in Southeast Asia to earn the Diamond Play Button. He is currently regarded as the most popular YouTuber in Indonesia and hails from the popular Gen Halilintar family, which is known for recording songs and publications. As of December 2020, he has approximately 26.1 million subscribers and was ranked 22nd most popular YouTuber in the world for the year 2020.
On April 3, 2021, Atta married the first child of a politician and musician, Aurel Hermansyah. The wedding was attended by President Joko Widodo, who served as witness, and Defence Minister Prabowo Subianto.
Atta was born in Dumai, Riau as the eldest of 11 children in his family which is popularly known as the Gen Halilintar. The Gen Halilintar family joined the entertainment industry by publishing books about their journey around the world, making vlogs and recording songs. His siblings are also known for recording songs and YouTube videos. He inherited his family business from his parents at a young age. During his childhood, his parents experienced major obstacles and difficulties in running their family business when they lived in Malaysia. He then concentrated to engage in business activities selling food and toys at his young age while pursuing his primary education in elementary school.
While busy with his family business, he launched his official YouTube account in 2016 and became popular in Indonesia in a matter of years. He became the first YouTuber from South East Asia to cross 10 million subscribers as of February 2019. In August 2019, his YouTube account was reported to have achieved 18.5 million subscribers. He also became the eighth highest earning YouTuber in the world with a net worth of £1.37 million as of August 2019.
In November 2019, he became the first Indonesian YouTuber ever to surpass the milestone of 20 million subscribers; an achievement that was mentioned and recognised as part of YouTube Rewind's 2019 edition. Beyond Indonesia, he also currently has the highest number of subscribers in the ASEAN region.
He is developing a business under AHHA Hijab brands. Atta also notably featured in a few films as a supporting actor and has also recorded a few songs as a rapper.
In March 2019, he posted a video in his official Instagram account featuring himself with a gun in wake of the 2019 Christchurch mosque shootings. His video was slammed, with people calling it a result of toxic behaviour.
In November 2019, he was accused of alleged blasphemy and was reported to the police for his prank video on Islamic prayers.
- 13: The Haunted (2018)
- Belok Kanan Barcelona (2018)
- The Return of the Devil Child (2019)
- Ashiap Man (2020)
- Viral (2017)
- Don't forget to be happy (2017)
- Eid song (2018)
- God Bless You (2018)
- Dimensions of Love (2018)
- Work Hard Pray Hard (2018)
- Ramadan has arrived (2018)
- "Detik Detik 10 JUTA SUBS PERTAMA DI ASIA TENGGARA! - YouTube". Youtube. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Indonesian YouTuber with over 10 million subscribers earns up to $2.2 million a month". AsiaOne. 28 August 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Ekonomi, Warta (24 June 2020). "Masih Jadi Youtuber Indonesia No. 1, Cuan Youtube Atta Halilintar Sentuh 9 Digit!" (in Indonesian). Warta Ekonomi. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Leskin, Paige. "These are the 31 most popular YouTube stars in the world, from PewDiePie to Ryan Kaji". Business Insider. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "HARI INI Aurel dan Atta Menikah, Lokasi Disteril Paspampres, Jokowi Dikabarkan Hadir Jadi Saksi". TribunNews. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "SAH! Aurel Hermansyah dan Atta Halilintar Resmi Jadi Suami Istri". TribunNews. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Gen Halilintar Web". www.genhalilintar.com. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Yeung, Kenneth (28 August 2019). "Top 10 (Plus 1) Indonesian YouTube Channels". Indonesia Expat. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Meet Atta: Southeast Asia's most popular YouTuber". South China Morning Post. 7 February 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Indonesian YouTube star is first South-East Asian to rack up 10 million subscribers | The Star". The Star. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Abrar, Thea Fathanah. "Ini 10 YouTuber Terkaya di Dunia, Atta Hallilintar Termasuk". tech (in Indonesian). Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- CoconutsJakarta (20 August 2019). "Ashiap: Indonesian Atta Halilintar comes in 8th in ranking of the world's highest earning Youtubers | Coconuts Jakarta". Coconuts. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Post, The Jakarta. "Atta Halilintar among top 10 highest-paid YouTubers in the world". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Atta Halilintar Raih 20 Juta Subscriber, Terbanyak se-Asia Pasifik". Liputan6 (in Indonesian). 29 November 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "6 Bisnis Atta Halilintar selain YouTuber, kuliner hingga fashion". Brilio. 13 February 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- CoconutsJakarta (18 March 2019). "Indonesian Youtuber Atta Halilintar slammed for posing with handgun in light of NZ mosque mass shootings | Coconuts Jakarta". Coconuts. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Arkyasa, Mahinda (15 November 2019). "Youtuber Atta Halilintar Reported to Police for Alleged Blasphemy". Tempo. Retrieved 25 July 2020.