|Founded||Bellevue, Washington, United States (1982 )|
|Fate||Acquired by The Attachmate Group (April 18, 2005 )|
|Parent||Micro Focus International|
Attachmate Corporation is a 1982-founded software company which focused on secure terminal emulation, legacy integration, and managed file transfer software. Citrix-compatibility and Attachment Reflection were enhanced/added offerings.
History and products
Attachmate was founded in 1982 by Frank W. Pritt and Tom Borkowski.It focused initially on the IBM terminal emulation market, and became a major technology employer in the Seattle area.
KEAsystems' KEAterm products were PC software packages that emulated some of Digital Equipment Corporation's VT terminals, and facilitated integrating Windows-based PCs with multiple host applications. These included KEAterm VT340 and VT420 terminal emulators, and KEA X X terminal software).
KEA was acquired by Attachmate.
After buying both WRQ, Inc. and Attachmate, who had been long-time competitors in the host emulation business, a group of private equity firms announced in 2005 that the companies would be merged under the new ownership. It was announced that Attachmate founder and CEO Frank Pritt would retire at the same time.
IBM, RedHat, Microsoft, Attachmate, Apache, Cisco, NEC, SAP, Software AG, Adobe Systems, Fujitsu, Oracle, CA Technologies and BonitaSoft, are some of the key players operating in the Global Application Server Market.
- "Citrix Compatible Products from Attachmate Corporation". Archived from the original on 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
Attachmate (now part of Micro Focus) .. Citrix Technology Alliance Partner ... Optimized to run on Citrix XenApp, Attachmate ...
- "Reflection for the Web Reference Guide" (PDF).
- "Solution - Support Portal". TriCentis.com. August 31, 2018.
You have a Reflection emulator installed and want to scan and steer it with ...
- "History of Attachmate Corporation". FundingUniverse.com.
Key Dates: 1982: Frank Pritt founds Attachmate. 1994: Attachmate merges with DCA.
- "Investors begin merger of Attachmate and WRQ". May 30, 2005.
Attachmate, founded by Pritt in 1982, was among the region's largest software developers in the late '90s and early '00s, with revenue of ...
- "KEA DEC/VTterminal eumulation". Computerworld. September 6, 1993. p. 93.
KEAterm is an advanced software emulation of Digital Equipment Corp.'s VT terminals, enabling users to integrate multiple host applications into the Windows
- "Terminal Emulator Task Force Report - City University of Hong Kong".
After consideration, two products were selected for more detailed evaluation, Pathworks VT320/VT382 for Windows and KEAterm VT340. VT320/VT382 are ...
- "Need a replacement for SCO TermLite". ARStechnica.com. June 3, 2010.
We have certain macros in our Attachment KeaTerm 4.23 (emphasis added) install that aren't easily workable in other terminal emulators or at least no one has ...
- Dennis Longley; Michael Shain (1985). Expanding and Networking Microcomputers. ISBN 1349076252.
IRMA DECISION SUPPORT INTERFACE ... PC3278/79 EMULATOR/ADAPTOR BOARD
- "Moonsoft - Products - Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme".
- Computer Associates' help desk documented a problem with it. "HLLAPI Short Names don't appear in Session Configurator". so did IBM. "Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme automation using RFT". December 9, 2012.
- By 1988 it was being marketed as "Attachmate Extra!" (source: a pricesheet that includes various software options and four hardware products)
- "Global Application Server Software Platform Market 2025 Top Manufacturers". Cole of Duty. 27 April 2020. Retrieved 8 May 2020.