|Fate||Acquired by The Attachmate Group (April 18, 2005 )|
|Founded||Bellevue, Washington, United States (1981 )|
|Parent||Micro Focus International|
Attachmate Corporation is a 1982-founded software company which focuses on secure terminal emulation, legacy integration, and managed file transfer software. Citrix-compatibility and Attachment Reflection are enhanced/added offerings.
KEAsystems' KEAterm products were PC software packages that emulated some of Digital Equipment Corporation's VT terminals, and facilitated integrating Windows-based PCs with multiple host applications. These included KEAterm VT340 and VT420 terminal emulators, and KEA X X terminal software).
KEA was acquired by Attachmate.
In 1981, Doug Walker, Mike Richer and Marty Quinn founded Walker, Richer & Quinn (WRQ) to integrate microcomputers with existing IT environments. The company set its sights on the Hewlett-Packard market, launching the first commercially viable terminal emulator for the HP 3000.
NetIQ, founded in 1995 by Ching-Fa Hwang, Her-daw Che, Hon Wong, Ken Prayoon Cheng and Thomas R. Kemp, was a company that provided systems management and security management software. Their products included AppManager and Security Manager.
On April 27, 2006, AttachmateWRQ announced an agreement to acquire NetIQ
Two years later Scalable Software acquired the WinINSTALL business unit (substantially all assets of the former OnDemand) from Attachmate.
Later, the company also acquired The Wollongong Group (makers of Pathway TCP and Emissary).
Novell now operates as two separate business units under the Novell and SUSE brand names and joins Attachmate and NetIQ as holdings of The Attachmate Group. Certain intellectual property assets are planned to be sold to CPTN Holdings, a consortium of companies led by Microsoft.
Acquisition by Micro Focus
- "Citrix Compatible Products from Attachmate Corporation".
Attachmate (now part of Micro Focus) .. Citrix Technology Alliance Partner ... Optimized to run on Citrix XenApp, Attachmate ...
- "Reflection for the Web Reference Guide" (PDF).
- "Solution - Support Portal". TriCentis.com. August 31, 2018.
You have a Reflection emulator installed and want to scan and steer it with ...
- "Attachmate Corporation: Private Company Information". bloomberg.com.
As of November 21, 2014, Attachmate Corporation was acquired by Micro Focus International plc.
- "Micro Focus finalises $1.2b merger deal with Attachmate". ZDnet.com. September 16, 2014.
- "History of Attachmate Corporation". FundingUniverse.com.
Key Dates: 1982: Frank Pritt founds Attachmate. 1994: Attachmate merges with DCA.
- "Investors begin merger of Attachmate and WRQ". May 30, 2005.
Attachmate, founded by Pritt in 1982, was among the region's largest software developers in the late '90s and early '00s, with revenue of ...
- "KEA DEC/VTterminal eumulation". Computerworld. September 6, 1993. p. 93.
KEAterm is an advanced software emulation of Digital Equipment Corp.'s VT terminals, enabling users to integrate multiple host applications into the Windows
- "Terminal Emulator Task Force Report - City University of Hong Kong".
After consideration, two products were selected for more detailed evaluation, Pathworks VT320/VT382 for Windows and KEAterm VT340. VT320/VT382 are ...
- "Need a replacement for SCO TermLite". ARStechnica.com. June 3, 2010.
We have certain macros in our Attachment KeaTerm 4.23 (emphasis added) install that aren't easily workable in other terminal emulators or at least no one has ...
- Dennis Longley; Michael Shain (1985). Expanding and Networking Microcomputers. ISBN 1349076252.
IRMA DECISION SUPPORT INTERFACE ... PC3278/79 EMULATOR/ADAPTOR BOARD
- "Moonsoft - Products - Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme".
- Computer Associates' help desk documented a problem with it. "HLLAPI Short Names don't appear in Session Configurator". so did IBM. "Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme automation using RFT". December 9, 2012.
- By 1988 it was being marketed as "Attachmate Extra!" (source: a pricesheet that includes various software options and four hardware products)
- NetIQ Acquisition Press Release, Attachmate, April 27, 2006
- OnDemand Acquisition Press Release, Attachmate, March 7, 2006, archived from the original on June 16, 2006
- Scalable Software WinINSTALL Press Release (PDF)[permanent dead link]
- "The Attachmate Group Completes Acquisition of Novell". Attachmate. April 27, 2011.
- "Hundreds laid off at Novell in Provo". Daily Herald. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- Novell agrees to be bought in $2.2b deal, Boston Updates, November 22, 2010, retrieved 2010-11-22
- "Micro Focus to Buy Attachmate in $1.2 Billion Share Deal". Bloomberg. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Micro Focus to Buy Attachmate in $1.2 Billion Deal". The Wall Street Journal. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.