Attack of the Movies 3D
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Attack of the Movies 3D|
Cover art for the Wii version
|Platform(s)||Wii, Xbox 360|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Online multiplayer|
Attack of the Movies 3D is a rail shooter for the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360. The Wii version of the game is the first 3D shooter designed for the console. The game transports players into six movie-themed worlds where they will battle large alien space cruisers, shoots underwater monsters and more, only to discover the reason these movies come to life.
The game received "generally unfavorable reviews" on both platforms according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. Justin Cheng of Nintendo Power criticized the short length of the levels throughout the six environments, the enemy creatures and a lack of variety amongst similar weapons, calling it "a lackluster 3-D light-gun shooter." Game Informer senior editor Jeff Cork felt the different levels played identically with nondescript targets, showed a lack of "branching paths or variations in the gameplay", and called out the 3D elements for being "a mixed blessing – the game is so offensively ugly that I didn’t want it getting any closer to me than necessary." He concluded that, "The dubious benefit of the game’s 3D effects is offset by its one-dimensional gameplay. Rail shooters don’t get much more tedious, lifeless, or ugly than Attack of the Movies 3-D."
- Cork, Jeff (June 2010). "Attack of the Movies 3D". Game Informer (206): 96. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- Harris, Craig (May 26, 2010). "Attack of the Movies 3D Review (Wii)". IGN. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- Harris, Craig (May 26, 2010). "Attack of the Movies 3D Review (X360)". IGN. Archived from the original on May 30, 2010. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Attack of the Movies 3D". Nintendo Gamer: 60. July 2010.
- Cheng, Justin (June 2010). "Attack of the Movies 3D". Nintendo Power. 255: 88.
- "Attack of the Movies 3D". Official Xbox Magazine: 81. August 2010.
- "Attack of the Movies 3D for Wii Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Attack of the Movies 3D for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
|This rail shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|