Attack of the Mutant Camels
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Attack of the Mutant Camels|
Atari 800 version of AOTMC
The player controls a small jet plane and has the task of killing giant yellow camels before they reach the home base. Doing so requires several dozens of shots. The camels retaliate by shooting fireballs from their mouth.
Each camel required several shots to destroy; if a camel reached the base, the game was over. Once all camels on a level had been killed, the player had to survive a "hyperspace" sequence which required avoiding high-speed missiles. Upon successful completion, the next level presented a new wave of camels, with slightly harder gameplay.
Llamasoft produced a sequel, Revenge of the Mutant Camels, in 1984.
Confusingly, a very different game from Jeff Minter's Gridrunner series was also released in the US under the name Attack of the Mutant Camels.
- "The Art of Video Games Exhibition Checklist" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 23 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- jeff-minters-unreleased-konix-multisystem-port-of-attack-of-the-mutant-camels-preserved-a-due-for-release on retrocollect.com (2012)
- AOTMC89 "Konix Multisystem - Attack Of The Mutant Camels '89 V0.4 - Source Code" on github.com
- Llamasoft's 8-bit games, from which AMC is downloadable
- Attack of the Mutant Camels at MobyGames
- Commodore 64 Online Version
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|