Attack on Titan 2
|Attack on Titan 2|
|Series||Attack on Titan|
|Genre(s)||Action, hack and slash|
Attack on Titan 2 (Japanese: 進撃の巨人 2 Hepburn: Shingeki no Kyojin 2), known in PAL regions as A.O.T. 2, is an action hack and slash video game based on Hajime Isayama's manga series of the same name released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows.
The game covers the plot of first two seasons of Attack on Titan anime, allowing the player to create an original player character and interact with the characters of the manga.
The game features cell-shaded graphics and features the player defeating the titans in large, open areas. Key new features over the first title include a story-mode that's entirely playable co-op, as well as a character creator.
Developed by Omega Force and published by Koei Tecmo, development launched shortly after completion of the first title. In an Interview with Polygon, producer Hisashi Koinuma and Omega Force CEO Hideo Suzuki mentioned that a key focus was on making the AI more intelligent, as well as making the game difficult in comparison to the first title. They've also worked closely with the manga's publisher Kodansha and writer Hajime Isayama in the creation of additional elements to the story. Initially the English voice cast were going to record dialogue but this was not realised due to time constraints, very much like the first game.
Attack on Titan 2 sold 28,480 copies on PlayStation 4 within its first week on sale in Japan, which placed it at number three on the all format sales chart. The Nintendo Switch version sold 22,941 in the same week, whilst the PlayStation Vita version sold 15,621 copies.
- Romano, Sal (August 21, 2017). "Koei Tecmo and Omega Force announce Attack on Titan 2". Gematsu. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Davidson, Matt (December 5, 2017). "Attack on Titan 2 gets western release date". IGN. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Moyse, Chris (January 10, 2018). "New Attack on Titan 2 details include new characters and co-op mode". Destructoid. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- McWhertor, Micheal (September 27, 2017). "Attack on Titan 2 is trying to make its giants scarier". Polygon. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Romano, Sal (March 21, 2018). "Media Create Sales: 3/12/18 – 3/18/18". Gematsu. Retrieved July 2, 2018.