Attadale, Western Australia
Perth, Western Australia
|Population||5,720 (2006 census)|
|Location||9 km (6 mi) from Perth|
|LGA(s)||City of Melville|
|State electorate(s)||Alfred Cove|
The suburb is located between the central business district and Fremantle along the southern side of the Swan River. Its extensive foreshore has many open spaces for residents and visitors including a large public open space along Burke Drive where residents can take their dogs for recreational activities.
- Peter Moylan, pitcher for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball, is from Attadale.
- Brendan Nash, former Queensland state cricket player, now playing for the West Indies.
- Luke McPharlin, a key position player for the Fremantle Dockers, attended Attadale Primary School.
- Heath Ledger, actor, has lived in Attadale.
- Mitchell Marsh, cricketer who plays for the Australian national cricket team, Western Australia and Perth Scorchers.
- Shaun Marsh, cricketer who plays for the Australian national cricket team, Western Australia and Perth Scorchers.
Attadale contains three schools: Attadale Primary School, Santa Maria College and Mel Maria Catholic Primary School.
Attadale Tennis Club (also known as St Joseph Pignatelli Tennis Club) is a parish club providing tennis facilities (with 6 synthetic courts), and is located on the corner of Wichmann Rd, and Galloway St.
|This Perth location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|