|No. of wards||12|
|Established||18 May 2014|
|Incorporated (VDC)||Attariya, Malakheti, Sripur, Geta and Godawari|
|Admin HQ.||Attariya Bazar|
|• Body||Godawari Municipality|
|• Mayor||Mr. Harisingh Saud (NCP)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Mrs. Ratna Kadayat (NCP)|
|• MP & Constituency||Kailali 4|
Lekh Raj Bhatta (NCP)
|• MLA & Constituency||Kailali 4(B)|
Krishna Raj Subedi (NCP)
|• Total||308.63 km2 (119.16 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NPT)|
The municipality was established on 18 May 2014 under the name Attariya Municipality by merging the former village development committees of Attariya, Malakheti, Sripur and Geta. At the time of the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 78,018 people living in 14,915 individual households.
The total area of Godawari municipality is now 308.63 square kilometres (119.16 sq mi) and total population is 78018 people.
Fulfilling the requirement of the new Constitution of Nepal, 2015, all old municipalities and villages (which were more than 3900 in number) were restructured into 753 new units, thus this municipality upgraded into Godawari Municipality  
Saanvi Brick Industries :सुदुरपश्चिमकाे एक मात्र अत्याधुनिक चाईनिज ईटा उद्योग ।। The first ever full automatic brick factory in Nepal which is located at Attariya Kailali Nepal.
Godawari River : Godawari River Located at Godawari is a Holy place for Hindu. There are tens of Hindu temple located in this place. You can see Shiva Mandir, Hanuman Mandir and also Buddhist Gumbas.
Baddi Machheli(बड्डी मछेली ) or simple Machheli is another famous tourist destination. The name Machheli means abundant fish. You will also able to see hangin bridge in Machheli river. This place is also famous for picnic spot.
Development of significant number of School and colleges in Godawari led far western Nepal to become an educational hub. Durga Laxmi Multiple Camus offers various courses on Arts, Commerce and education up to Post Graduate level. It offers a course of computer engineering for class 9 & 10. Saraswati International Model High School is renowned for its quality school level education. Recently, The school was awarded by British Council for its educational excellence. Geta Eye hospital offers diploma in ophthalmology. The proposed Dasharatha Chanda Institute of Medical Sciences which is in ward no.12 is under construction and will offer many course in Medical sciences in future.
Padma Hospital Pvt. Ltd, Sewa Nursing Home provides health services based on Attraiya. Geta Eye Hospital is one of the largest eye hospital in the country. Geta Eye Hospital is a service oriented, social organization that provides preventative and curative eye care services in the Far Western Region of Nepal. This hospital provides medical and surgical eye care services with community based outreach activities such as Surgical eye camps and screening camps in all nine districts of the Seti and Mahakali Zones. The hospital also provides eye care services to a large number of patients visiting from Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal of Northern India.The number of patients is increasing every year due to continuous improvement in surgical techniques and relatively low service costs of the medical and surgical treatments. These costs are easily affordable for the middle class as well as poor patients.
To promote local culture, Attariya has Godawari FM 87.9 MHz and Radio Khaptad 98.2 MHz in Mohanpur.
- "District Corrected Last for RAJAPATRA" (PDF). www.mofald.gov.np. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- 72 new municipalities announced Archived June 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine My Republica
- Govt announces 72 new municipalities The Kathmandu Post
- "National Population and Housing Census 2011" (PDF). Central Bureau of Statistics. November 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Official website of Godawari Municipality". godawarimunkailali.gov.np. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- "New local level structure comes into effect from today". www.thehimalayantimes.com. The Himalayan Times. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "Govt prepares to add 9 more local levels in Province 2". www.kathmandupost.ekantipur.com. Kantipur Publication. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "New local level units come into existence". www.kathmandupost.ekantipur.com. 11 March 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Province 7 named Sudurpashchim, Godawari capital". The Kathmandu Post. 28 September 2018. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "Machheli River another tourist destination in kailali district". Prasant Bhatt. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- http://nnjs.org.np/shows/pag/geta-eye-hospital. Missing or empty
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|