Kuiken in 2011
|Leader of the Labour Party in the House of Representatives|
12 December 2016 – 23 March 2017
|Preceded by||Diederik Samsom|
|Succeeded by||Lodewijk Asscher|
|Member of House of Representatives|
|Assumed office |
11 May 2010
30 November 2006 – 19 January 2010
Attje Harma Kuiken
27 October 1977
|Political party||Labour Party|
|Alma mater||Tilburg University|
Attje Harma Kuiken (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɑtjə ˈɦɑrmaː ˈkœykən]; born 27 October 1977) is a Dutch politician and former civil servant serving as a member of the House of Representatives for the Labour Party since 30 November 2006 with a brief interruption in 2010.
Early life and education
Attje Harma Kuiken was born on 27 October 1977 in Groningen. She grew up in Hoogezand-Sappemeer and from the age of ten in Ferwert. She did the vwo program at the Dockinga College, a high school in Dokkum, from 1990 to 1996.
Kuiken studied public administration at the NHL University of Applied Sciences in Leeuwarden from 1996 to 1999 and organization science at the Tilburg University from 2000 to 2006. During her second studies, she lived in Breda.
Kuiken has been a member of the Labour Party since 2002. She founded a local chapter of the Young Socialists, the youth organisation of the Labour Party, in Breda. She was a member of the House of Representatives from 30 November 2006 until 19 January 2010. She then went on maternity leave and was temporarily replaced by Saskia Laaper. Kuiken has been a member of the House of Representatives again since 11 May 2010.
After fellow Labour member Martijn van Dam was appointed State Secretary for Economic Affairs in November 2015, Kuiken was elected vice parliamentary group leader. After the resignation of Diederik Samsom as parliamentary leader on 12 December 2016, Kuiken succeeded him.
- "Drs. A.H. (Attje) Kuiken" (in Dutch), Parlement & Politiek. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Attje Kuiken, Labour Party. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- Biografie, onderwijs en loopbaan van Attje Kuiken (in Dutch), House of Representatives. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Attje Kuiken volgt Van Dam op als vicevoorzitter PvdA". Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch). 5 November 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Attje Kuiken nieuwe fractievoorzitter PvdA" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Attje Kuiken.|
- ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch) Attje Kuiken at the House of Representatives website
- ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch) Attje Kuiken at the Labour Party website
|Party political offices|
| Leader of the Labour Party in the House of Representatives