Attoor Ravi Varma
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Attoor Ravi Varma|
|Born||Attoor, Thrissur, Kerala|
|Genre||Poetry, translation studies|
Attoor Ravi Varma is one of the pioneers of modern Malayalam poetry who has won the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award for his contributions to literary world. He hails from a small village called Attoor, in Thrissur District of Kerala.
- Attoor Ravi Varmayude Kavithakal (1957–1994), Kottayam: D. C. Books, 1995. ISBN 81-7130-543-1
- Attoor Ravi Varmayude Kavithakal (1995–2003), Kottayam: D. C. Books, 2003. ISBN 81-264-0611-9
Translation from Tamil to Malayalam
- J. J. Chila Kurippukal (Sundara Ramaswami, Novel)
- Oru Pulimarathinte Katha (Sundara Ramaswami, Novel)
- Nale Mattoru Nal Mathram (G.Nagarajan, Novel)
- Randaam yaamangalute katha (Selma, Novel)
- Puthunaanooru (Poems of 59 Modern poets)
- Bhakti kavyam (Translation of Nayanars and Azhvars)
- Putumozhi vazhikal (Poems of young poets)
Awards and honours
- 1996: Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award (Poetry) for Attoor Ravi Varmayute Kavitakal
- 1997: Aasan Prize
- 2001: Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award (Poetry) for Attoor Ravi Varmayute Kavitakal
- 2005: P. Kunhiraman Nair Award for Attoor Ravi Varmayute Kavitakal Bhagam Randu
- 2012: Ezhuthachan Award
- Translation prize by Kerala Sahitya Akademi
- Translation prize by Kendra Sahitya Akademi
- Premji Award
- E. K. Divakaran Potti Award
- Mahakavi Pandalam Kerala Varma Kavitha Award
- "Malayalam calendar with new features". ‘‘The Hindu’’. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Contemporary social novel". ‘‘The Hindu’’. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "A nostalgic journey into Thrissur's past". ‘‘The Hindu’’. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Ezhuthachan award for Attur Ravi Varma". The Hindu. November 23, 2012. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- "Poems of Attoor Ravi Varma". Archived from the original on October 26, 2009. Retrieved October 8, 2010.
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|