This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Slagharen, Hardenberg, Overijssel, Netherlands|
|Operating season||March–April to October–November|
Attractiepark Slagharen is an amusement park situated in Slagharen, Netherlands. It also contains a bungalow park and a water park (Aqua Mexicana). It's one of the most visited parks in Europe. It was in the top 20 in 2010 and 2011.
History & divisions
In 1963, shopkeeper Henk Bemboom built a number of holiday cottages on a piece of land around an old farmhouse. As an added attraction, he offered a Shetland pony and a carriage to the occupants of each cottage. Over time, more and more attractions were built, so that the resort gradually developed into a fully-fledged theme park. In 1990 Bemboom gave the park to his children, who sold it to the Spanish group Parques Reunidos in 2012. Bemboom died on May 27, 2014.
The park is divided into two sections, connected by a Main Street which is lined with shops and restaurants. The park has more than 30 rides, including two roller coasters. There are six themes: Indian, Yellowstone, New Orleans, Mexican, Wild West and Jules Adventureland (named after the French writer Jules Verne).
- Mine Train
- Thunder Loop (Closed 2 October 2016)
- Gold Rush (Opened 13th of April 2017, replacing Thunder Loop)
- Expedition Nautilus
- Ripsaw Falls
- Big Wheel
- Chuck Wagon
- El Teatro
- Fogg's Trouble
- Free Fall
- Loggers Slides
- Magic Bikes
- Merry go Mad
- Mountain Slide
- Indian Pony ride
- Kids Country
- Old Timer
- Passepartout Explorer
- Phileas Fun House
- Sky Tower
- Western Village Theater
- Wild West Adventure
Slagharen was featured in the Trump - commercial "America first, Netherlands second" by Arjen Lubach. Within weeks, the ad generated more than 24 million views on YouTube. Although a part of the video is supposedly shot in Slagharen, the actual footage is from a different park, PonyParkCity.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Attractiepark Slagharen.|
- "Bevestigt: Nieuw Subtropisch Zwembad 2015". Pretparkfansite. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- "TEA/AECOM 2010 Global Attractions Report" (PDF). Themed Entertainment Association. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 19, 2011. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- "TEA/AECOM 2011 Global Attractions Report" (PDF). Themed Entertainment Association. 2011. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- "Oprichter Slagharen overleden". Slagharen. Retrieved July 19, 2015.