|Born||22 April 1965|
|Alma mater||Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, US.|
|Occupation(s)||Photographer, film producer|
|Known for||Fashion photography, former Honorary Chairman of Photographers' Guild of India, Chairman & managing director of Bling! Entertainment Solutions|
|Notable work||Kingfisher Calendar|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
Atul Kasbekar (born 22 April 1965) is an Indian fashion photographer and Bollywood film producer. He is recognised for his Kingfisher Calendar shoots. He was also the honorary chairman of the Photographer's Guild of India.
Atul Kasbekar studied at Campion School, Mumbai, and Jai Hind College (University of Mumbai). Then he joined UDCT (now Institute of Chemical Technology), Mumbai for chemical engineering but dropped out after the first year to become a photographer. He graduated in 1988 from the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, US and was the topper of the batch.
He took training for over a year in Los Angeles and worked with photographers like Dennis Gray, Ron Slenzak, James B Wood, Jay Silverman, Jay P Morgan, Bill Werts and David Le Bon.
Kasbekar returned to India from the US in 1990. In 1991 he started his professional career as a photographer by starting a studio named Negative Space.
Kasbekar is known for shooting the nineteen editions of the Kingfisher Calendar from 2003 to 2021 which featured models clad in swimsuits. Some of these models (such as Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, etc) were launched into successful acting careers.
Kasbekar is the owner of a celebrity management company named Bling! Entertainment Solutions which started in 2007. It has partnered with leading international and national brands including PepsiCo, Nestle, HUL, ITC, Airtel, Kingfisher, Samsung, P&G, Sony, Swarovski, LG Mobiles, L'Oreal, Marico, Levi Strauss, Hublot, Toshiba, Panasonic, Canon, Johnson & Johnson, Nerolac and the Swatch Group. Many celebrities including Deepika Padukone, Vidya Balan, Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol, Abhishek Bachchan are clients of Bling! Entertainment Solutions.
Kasbekar launched the company Corporate Image, which manages the identity of the top management and spokespersons within an organization. The specialist imaging service conducts research regarding a company's values, individual tastes and sense of style to create a bank of images which could be used in any communication such as brochure or annual reports by the company. Kasbekar has worked with many corporate leaders including Ratan Tata, Vijay Mallya and Anil Ambani.
Awards and recognition
Kasbekar is the first Indian to win the prestigious International Food and Beverage Creative Excellence Awards (FAB Awards) 2005, held at London, for his work on Kingfisher Calendar.
|2017||Tumhari Sulu||Vidya Balan|
|2019||Why Cheat India||Emraan Hashmi, Shreya Dhanwanthary|
|2022||Looop Lapeta||Taapsee Pannu, Tahir Raj Bhasin|
- ^ a b c d e "AK Profile".
- ^ a b c d Shalini Shah, Sees, shoots and leaves, The Hindu, 23 December 2011, Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- ^ a b Priyanka Jain, Not just glam and money: Atul Kasbekar, Hindustan Times, 10 May 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- ^ "Personal Agenda: Atul Kasbekar, photographer". Hindustan Times. 4 January 2013. Archived from the original on 6 January 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- ^ 'Today a photographer doesn't need the knowledge of shooting', Rediff.com, 18 October 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- ^ Atul Kasbekar on Gautam Rajadhyaksha, Times of India, 29 December 2001. Retrieved 21 January 2012
- ^ Old Campion, Association. "Spotlight". History. Archived from the original on 31 July 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ notes, e. "Notes". Fan Blog. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- ^ Bling, Entertainment. "Website". Celebrity Management. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- ^ Indian, Television. "Corporate Image". News. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- ^ Afaqs. "News". News. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Photographer of the Month – Atul Kasbekar Archived 15 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine at Exhibit Magazine