22 April 1965 |
|Alma mater||Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, US.|
Fashion Photography, Ex-Honorary Chairman of Photographers' Guild of India, Chairman& managing director of Bling! Entertainment Solutions
|Notable work||Kingfisher Calendar|
|Home town||Mumbai, India|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Children||Arnav Kasbekar, Naomi Kasbekar|
Atul Kasbekar (born 22 April 1965) is an Indian fashion photographer. He is recognised for his Kingfisher Calendar shoots. He is the brand ambassador of Carl F. Bucherer watches. Atul was also the honorary chairman of the Photographer's Guild of India.
Atul Kasbekar studied at Campion School, Mumbai, and Jai Hind College (University of Mumbai), then he joined UDCT (now Institute of Chemical Technology), Mumbai for chemical engineering but he dropped out of the course after first year. to become a photographer. He graduated in year 1988 from the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, US and was the topper of the batch. He took training for over a year in Los Angeles and worked with photographers like Dennis Gray, Ron Slenzak, James B Wood, Jay Silverman, Jay P Morgan, Bill Werts and David Le Bon.
Atul was born to a Gaud Saraswat Brahmin i.e. GSB [ Karwari Shenvi ] family of a Karwar origin in Mumbai. He did his schooling from all boys Campion School, Mumbai. He is married to Vandana and has two fraternal twins Arnav and Naomi.His family follows Kavle Math and worshipping Shantadurga as a Kul Daiwat
Atul Kasbekar made a return to India from US in 1990 and in 1991 he started his professional career as a photographer by starting a studio named Negative Space. Since 2003 Atul has shot ten editions of Kingfisher Calendar at: Mauritius (2003), Thailand (2004), South Africa (2005), Australia (2006), France-French Riviera (2007), India-Goa, Andaman, Ladakh and Udaipur (2008), Andaman Sea (2009), Maldives (2010), Mauritius (2011), Negombo-Sri Lanka (2012).
Atul is the owner of a celebrity management company named Bling! Entertainment Solutions which started in 2007. Bling! has so far partnered with many leading international and national brands like PepsiCo, Nestle, HUL, ITC, Airtel, Kingfisher, Samsung, P&G, Sony, Swarovski, LG Mobiles, L'Oreal, Marico, Levi Strauss, Hublot, Toshiba, Panasonic, Canon, Johnson & Johnson, Nerolac and the Swatch Group to name a few. Many celebrities including Deepika Padukone, Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol, Abhishek Bachchan are clients of Bling! Entertainment Solutions.
Atul Kasbekar launched another company called Corporate Image, which manages the identity of the top management and spokespersons within an organization. The specialist imaging service conducts research regarding company's values, individual tastes and sense of style to create a bank of images which could be used in any communication such as brochure or annual reports by the company. Atul has already worked with many corporate honchos including Ratan Tata, Vijay Mallya and Anil Ambani.
Awards & Recognition
Atul holds the distinction of being the first Indian to win the prestigious International Food and Beverage Creative Excellence Awards (FAB Awards) 2005, held at London, for his work on Kingfisher Calendar.
- "AK Profile".
- Shalini Shah, Sees, shoots and leaves, The Hindu, 23 December 2011, Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Priyanka Jain, Not just glam and money: Atul Kasbekar, Hindustan Times, 10 May 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- Interview, Manali. "India's biggest photographer unplugged". Interview. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Carl, Watches. "Brand Ambassador". News. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Personal Agenda: Atul Kasbekar, photographer". Hindustan Times. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- 'Today a photographer doesn't need the knowledge of shooting', Rediff.com, 18 October 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- Atul Kasbekar on Gautam Rajadhyaksha, Times of India, 29 December 2001. Retrieved 21 January 2012
- Old Campion, Association. "Spotlight". History. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Word, Press. "Manali". Interview. Wordpress. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- notes, e. "Notes". Fan Blog. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Kingfisher, Calendar. "Wikipedia". Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Bling, Entertainment. "Website". Celebrity Management. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Indian, Television. "Corporate Image". News. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Afaqs. "News". News. Retrieved 24 February 2012.