10 September 1965 |
Belagavi, Karnataka, India
Kulkarni won the National Award for the best supporting actor for the films Hey Ram and Chandni Bar. He is also the president of Quest, a research-action organization concentrating on enhancing quality of education.
Kulkarni was born on 10 September 1965 in Belagavi, Karnataka, India. He completed his secondary education from Haribhai Deokaran High School, Solapur, Maharashtra. He completed his Junior College from Belgaum and completed his graduation in English literature at D. A. V. College, Solapur. He is married to theater actress Geetanjali Kulkarni, whom he met at National School of Drama.
Kulkarni's first stint with stage was during his high school days. Later during his college days he actively participated in cultural gatherings. While studying, Atul joined Natya Aradhana, an amateur theatre group from Solapur. Atul Kulkarni holds a postgraduate diploma in dramatic arts from National School of Drama, New Delhi.
- 2000: Won: Best Supporting Actor in Hey Ram
- Citation: For his serious performance as a cold blooded fundamentalist stalking the cities during the turbulent years of partition that led to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Citation: For depicting a ruthless character, trapped in a world without social values.
- 2001: Nominated: Best Supporting Actor for Hey Ram
- 2012: Won : Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada for Edegarike
- 2010: Nominated: Best Performance by an Actor for Natarang
|2000||Jayam Manade Raa||Telugu|
|2000||Hey Ram||Hindi / Tamil||Shriram Abhyankar|
|2001||Chandni Bar||Hindi||Potya Sawant|
|2002||Dahavi Fa||Marathi||Ganesh Deshmukh (teacher)|
|2003||Mango Soufflé||English||Edwin 'Ed' Prakash|
|2003||88 Antop Hill||Hindi||Pratyush Shelar|
|2004||Andhrawala||Telugu||Bade Mia's sidekick|
|2004||Khakee||Hindi||Dr. Iqbal Ansari|
|2005||Page 3||Hindi||Vinayak Mane|
|2006||Rang De Basanti||Hindi||Laxman Pandey|
|2007||Aa Dinagalu||Kannada||Agni Shridhar|
|2007||Gauri: The Unborn||Hindi||Sandeep|
|2009||Yeh Mera India||Hindi||Raj|
|2009||Vandae Maatharam||Malayalam / Tamil|
|2010||Allah Ke Banday||Hindi||School Teacher|
|2010||Bumm Bumm Bole||Hindi|
|2011||Koffi Bar||Telugu||Business man|
|2013||The Attacks of 26/11||Hindi||Inspector Shinde|
|2015||Dirty Politics||Hindi||Police Insceptor|
|2015||Rajwade and Sons||Marathi||Shubhankar Rajwade|
|2017||The Ghazi Attack||Hindi||Devraj|
- Sharanya CR (21 July 2013). "Atul Kulkarni wears a Kannada attire for his Filmfare award". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Theatre actor Geetanjali Kulkarni gets 'stamp' for film journey". The Times of India. 5 April 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "47th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "49th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Rishi, Tilak (2012). Bless You Bollywood!: A Tribute to Hindi Cinema on Completing 100 Years. Trafford Publishing. p. 208. ISBN 9781466939639.
- G Dhananjayan (2014). Pride Of Tamil Cinema: 1931 To 2013. Blue Ocean Publishers. p. 546.
- "Atul Kulkarni signed for Ram Charan teja's Zanjeer". Times of AP. November 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2012.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Atul Kulkarni.|