This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||10 September 1965|
|Alma mater||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
|Spouse(s)||Geetanjali (m.1996) |
Atul Kulkarni is an Indian actor who works in Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu language films. Kulkarni won the National Award for the Best Supporting Actor for the films Hey Ram and Chandni Bar. He is also the president of Quest, a research-action organization concentrating on enhancing quality of education. He left his study in engineering at College of Engineering, Pune while he was in his first year. He is known for his performances in films like Hey Ram, Chandni Bar, Rang De Basanti (2006), Natarang (2010) among others.
Kulkarni's first stint with stage was during his high school days. He participated in the Maharashtra State Drama Competition regularly. Between 1989 and 1992, he won awards for Acting and also for Drama-Direction. Atul enacted in Gandhi Viruddh Gandhi, the play made later famous by Dilip Prabhavalkar in Marathi professional theatre circuit until mid-90s. Later during his college days he actively participated in cultural gatherings. While studying, Atul joined Natya Aradhana, an amateur theatre group from Solapur. Atul Kulkarni holds a postgraduate diploma in dramatic arts from National School of Drama, New Delhi.
Atul Kulkarni, a national-award winner and a fine actor, expresses his belief of art being a product of social, political and economic changes in the society.
Kulkarni has been serving as President of Quest Education Support Trust. Quest Trust invests in running workshops and enabling Teachers, to support education for children of marginalized communities between 3–14 years. All this activity is mainly in State of Maharashtra. It conducts its activities in Marathi language.
Atul Kulkarni has been active in sharing his knowledge on running NGO with other NGO's. He does visit Maharashtra based NGO's like Snehalaya regularly. Kulkarni has been involved in an environmental project, making a 24-acre barren land in Satara District into Green area.
- 2000: Won: Best Supporting Actor in Hey Ram
- Citation: For his serious performance as a cold blooded fundamentalist stalking the cities during the turbulent years of partition that led to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Citation: For depicting a ruthless character, trapped in a world without social values.
- 2001: Nominated: Best Supporting Actor for Hey Ram
- 2012: Won : Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Kannada for Edegarike
- 2010: Nominated: Best Performance by an Actor for Natarang
- 2019: Won: Best Actor in Murder on the Road to Kathmandu
|1997||Bhoomi Geetha||Kannada / Hindi||Debut film|
|2000||Jayam Manade Raa||Telugu||Basavayah|
|2000||Hey Ram||Hindi/Tamil||Shriram Abhyankar|
|2001||Chandni Bar||Hindi||Potya Sawant|
|2002||Dahavi Fa||Marathi||Ganesh Deshmukh (teacher)|
|2003||Mango Soufflé||English||Edwin 'Ed' Prakash|
|2003||88 Antop Hill||Hindi||Pratyush Shelar|
|2004||Andhrawala||Telugu||Bade Mia's sidekick|
|2004||Khakee||Hindi||Dr. Iqbal Ansari|
|2004||Leela Mahal Center||Telugu||GK|
|2005||Page 3||Hindi||Vinayak Mane|
|2006||Rang De Basanti||Hindi||Laxman Pandey|
|2007||Aa Dinagalu||Kannada||Agni Shridhar|
|2007||Gauri: The Unborn||Hindi||Sandeep|
|2009||Yeh Mera India||Hindi||Raj|
|2009||Vandae Maatharam||Malayalam / Tamil|
|2010||Allah Ke Banday||Hindi||School Teacher|
|2010||Bumm Bumm Bole||Hindi|
|2011||Koffi Bar||Telugu||Business man|
|2011||Aagaah: The Warning||Hindi||Aazan Khan|
|2013||Aarambam||Tamil||JCP Milind Virekar|
|2013||The Attacks of 26/11||Hindi||Inspector Shinde|
|2014||Game||Bengali||CBI Officer Sathya Sishir Kumar|
|2015||Dirty Politics||Hindi||Police Insceptor|
|2015||Mythri||Kannada / Malayalam||Raviprakash|
|2015||Rajwade and Sons||Marathi||Shubhankar Rajwade|
|2017||The Ghazi Attack||Hindi/Telugu||Lieutenant Commander Santosh Devraj, Executive Officer, EXO, Second - In - Command S21|
|2017||Bongu||Tamil||Subash, assistant commissioner|
|2017||Aval/Gruham/House next door||Tamil /Telugu/Hindi||Paul, Jenny's Father|
|2018||Black Bud||Hindi||Mehmood Khan|
|2018||Patnagarh||Odia/Telugu||IG Arun Agnihotri|
|2019||Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi||Hindi||Tatya Tope|
|2019||Mere Pyare Prime Minister||Hindi||In PMO|
Dr. Benjamin Diaz
|2019||Alidu Ulidavaru||Kannada||Police Inspector|
|2017–18||The Test Case||Colonel Ajinkya Sathe||ALTBalaji|
|2019||City of Dreams||Amey Rao Gaikwad||Hotstar Specials|
|2020||The Raikar Case||Yashwant Naik Raikar||Voot Select|
|2020||Bandish Bandits||Digvijay Rathore||Amazon Prime Video|
|2020||Sandwiched Forever||VK Sarnaik||Sony LIV|||
|2021-present||Faraar - Kab Tak?||Host||Ishara TV|
- "Theatre actor Geetanjali Kulkarni gets 'stamp' for film journey". The Times of India. 5 April 2015. Archived from the original on 9 November 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "47th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Archived from the original on 5 May 2014. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "49th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. pp. 34–35. Archived (PDF) from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Atul Kulkarni Movies: Latest and Upcoming Films of Atul Kulkarni | eTimes". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "NSD-GRADUATES1" (PDF). nsd.gov.in. Archived (PDF) from the original on 9 August 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "www.atulkulkarni.com/". atulkulkarni.com. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 5 June 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "19970630-gandhi-virudh-gandhi-to-be-staged-at-tejpal-auditorium-mumbai-832641-1997-06-30". indiatoday.in. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 20 September 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Actor Atul Kulkarni shares his thoughts on evolving subjects in cinema and throws light on his NGO, Quest". Archived from the original on 24 July 2020.
- "genesis". quest.org.in. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 31 May 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "ganeet_lekh". quest.org.in. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Actor-Atul-Kulkarni-visits". snehalaya.org. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "article17430551.ece". thehindu. 3 April 2018. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "47th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Archived (PDF) from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "49th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Archived (PDF) from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Sharanya CR (21 July 2013). "Atul Kulkarni wears a Kannada attire for his Filmfare award". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 29 May 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Happy Birthday Tabu: From Andhadhun, Astitva, Chandni Bar to Cheeni Kum, Drishyam, Haider; actor's best roles till date | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com". DNA India.
- G Dhananjayan (2014). Pride Of Tamil Cinema: 1931 To 2013. Blue Ocean Publishers. p. 546.
- K., Janani (29 August 2020). "Nagarjuna turns 61: Wild Dog team unveils new poster on actor's birthday". India Today. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- "Sandwiched Forever Review: Kunaal and Aahana show is a feel-good Christmas watch". India Today. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Atul Kulkarni.|