|Circulation||110,000 unique monthly views|
Atwood Magazine is a digital music magazine that focuses on emerging and established artists from around the world. The magazine was founded in 2012 and is currently run by editor-in-chief Mitch Mosk.
Atwood Magazine was founded in 2012 as a space to celebrate fresh creativity, support independent artists, and feature new music. Its stated mission is "to provide authentic writing, engaging, insightful editorials, and unique perspectives on music."
The website focuses on song and album reviews, exclusive premieres, featured interviews with up-and-coming and established artists like The 1975, Bastille and Loyle Carner, editorials, and concert reviews and photography. Popular columns include the daily "Today's Song" and the weekly "Editor's Picks". The staff also publishes a Weekly Roundup every Friday, where writers highlight what they've been listening to the past week.
The website currently publishes approximately 20 articles per week, and employs 40 volunteer writers based in countries throughout North America, Europe, and Oceania.
In March 2018, artist development and music promotion company Koral Young honored Atwood as its first Blog of the Month in its e-newsletter, stating: "We love it because Atwood truly celebrates creativity, showcasing up-and-coming bands from around the world and approaching their carefully curated choices with much thought and great follow through. For premieres in particular, Mitch goes above and beyond the normal boundaries of coverage of posting tracks or albums with just basic info. He’ll run as many exclusive quotes as possible, lyrics and anything else unique about the artist and create an in-depth piece that really fleshes out the creative process behind a song or video. The result is a site with a high bar of excellence, not to mention an incredibly stylish presentation."
In June 2019, Atwood published its first podcast, Tunes & Tumblers, which pairs new and classic albums with cocktail recipes.
- "About - Atwood Magazine". Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "Sex, Drugs, and Music: An Interview with The 1975 - Atwood Magazine". 26 September 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "This Overwhelming, Cinematic, Fragile, Wild World: A Conversation with Bastille". 14 December 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Not Talking, But Listening: A Conversation with Loyle Carner - Atwood Magazine". 19 April 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "BENDIGO FLETCHER ON ATWOOD MAGAZINE". publicdisplaypr.com.
- "Weekly Roundup Archives - Atwood Magazine". Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "Digital Promotions Group - Artist Development - Playlisting and Marketing". Digital Promotions Group. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "2019 Honoree: Atwood Magazine". Webby Awards. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Podcast: Tunes & Tumblers Introduces Your New Drinking Buddies - Atwood Magazine". 7 June 2019. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- Official Website
- Atwood Magazine on Facebook
- Atwood Magazine on Instagram
- Atwood Magazine on Twitter
- Tunes & Tumblers Podcast on SoundCloud
|This online magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.