|Atyrau International Airport
Атырау халықаралық әуежайы
Международный аэропорт Атырау
|IATA: GUW – ICAO: UATG|
|Operator||"ATMA - Atyrau International Airport"|
|Location||8 km NW of Atyrau Railway Station, Kazakhstan|
|Elevation AMSL||-22 m / −72 ft|
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (August 2008)|
ATMA obtained the operational rights of ATMA Atyrau Airport when the airport was privatized as a build and operate model in 1994. ATMA is a joint company between Mağdenli Yer Hizmetleri and Atyrau Regional Administration with both parties having a 50% share. It is the only airport in Atyrau and one of the thirteen international airports in Kazakhstan.
The region is crucial for Kazakhstan's economy as it is very close to oil exploration sites and platforms on the Caspian Sea. The city is the base town for many oil and construction companies.
In 2007 ATMA completed the construction of the new terminal building and a new longer runway. Enclosing a total area of 2,000 m2 (22,000 sq ft), the new terminal can serve 600 passengers per hour. Passengers can also benefit from the modernized CIP and VIP lounges. There is Wi-Fi internet access all over the terminal including CIP and VIP lounges. As a result of the renovation project, conveyor belt system is installed in both international and domestic arrival terminals and computerized check in banks became operational for easier passenger ticket processing. Boarding is done by transporting passengers by bus from the terminal to the plane.
It is the lowest commercial airport in the world at 22 m (72 ft) below sea level.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Astana||Aktau, Almaty, Amsterdam, Astana, Istanbul-Atatürk, Moscow-Sheremetyevo|
|Bek Air||Almaty, Oral|
|SCAT||Aktau, Almaty, Astana, Kokshetau, Mineralnye Vody|
|Silk Way Airlines||Aktau, Baku|
- Extreme points of Earth – Lowest attainable by transportation
- List of places on land with elevations below sea level
- AIP Kazakhstan
- L, J (26 October 2015). "AEROFLOT Assumes Transaero Kazakhstan Operation from late-Oct 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс Атырау-Москва-Атырау". International Travel plus. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- L, J (20 February 2015). "SCAT Adds New Domestic Routes in Feb 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 February 2015.