|sRGBB (r, g, b)||(97, 64, 81)|
|HSV (h, s, v)||(329°, 34%, 38%)|
|B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
Eggplant is a dark purple or brownish-purple color that resembles the color of the outer skin of European eggplants. Another name for the color eggplant is aubergine (the French, German and British English word for eggplant).
Different varieties of eggplant may range from indigo to white (the term eggplant originated as a description of white colored eggplants because they look like eggs). Chinese eggplants are the same shape as a European eggplant, but are colored a dark violet color. Thai eggplants are small, round, and colored forest green.
"Eggplant" is also a racist insult, particularly among Italians, in referring to black people.
- David Grambs (1995). The Describer's Dictionary: A Treasury of Terms and Literary Quotations. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 0-393-31265-8.
- William Yewdale Adams (1986). Ceramic Industries of Medieval Nubia. University Press of Kentucky. ISBN 0-8131-0500-5.
- Mish, Frederic C., Editor in Chief Webster's Tenth New Collegiate Dictionary Springfield, Massachusetts, U.S.A.:1994--Merriam-Webster Page 369
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York: 1930 McGraw-Hill Page 194; Color Sample of Eggplant: Page 119 Plate 48 Color Sample H12
- Crayola. "Crayola Creativity Central". Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- Shehu Sani (2013). Hatred for Black People. Xlibris Corporation. ISBN 1493120743.