'Aubit-4gl' is a free-ware, open-source, clone-compiler for IBM Informix-4GL with extensions. Free downloads are available. This 4gl generates Embedded SQL/C, which is further expanded into low level C (programming language) code by the C pre-processor and; which in turn, is finally compiled into machine code specific to a particular CPU architecture.
- Embedded SQL
- Connectivity to wide range of databases
- A report writer
- A forms compiler component
- Conventional 3GL statements, variables and arrays
- Memory structure definitions like data base tables or columns
- Functions and C (programming language) code extensibility
- Libraries of existing code
- Extensions to the basic IBM Informix-4GL as well as supporting extensions from other clones
- Uses the GCC compiler by default with "gnu make"
Mike Aubury created the compiler. The Source Forge site was created on Mon 11 of Jul, 2005.
- Web site home page
- from Source Forge.net See references below