Aubry Township, Johnson County, Kansas
Location in Johnson County
|• Total||48.85 sq mi (126.52 km2)|
|• Land||48.7 sq mi (126.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.32%|
|Elevation||1,063 ft (324 m)|
|• Density||111.7/sq mi (43.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||66013, 66062, 66083, 66085|
|GNIS feature ID||0479425|
Aubry Township was organized in 1858.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Aubry Township covers an area of 48.85 square miles (126.52 square kilometers); of this, 48.7 square miles (126.13 square kilometers, 99.69 percent) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.4 square kilometers, 0.32 percent) is water.
The south edge of the city of Overland Park is within this township geographically but is a separate entity.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Oxford Township (north)
- Wea Township, Miami County (south)
- Ten Mile Township, Miami County (southwest)
- Spring Hill Township (west)
- Olathe Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Aubry and Woodland.
Airports and landing strips
- Hillside Airport
- Mission Road Landing Strip
- Blue Valley Unified School District 229
- Spring Hill Unified School District 230
- Kansas's 3rd congressional district
- State House District 27
- State Senate District 37
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Township of Aubry". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of the State of Kansas: Containing a Full Account of Its Growth from an Uninhabited Territory to a Wealthy and Important State. A. T. Andreas. 1883. p. 645.