Auburn Riverside High School
|Auburn Riverside Senior High School|
|School district||Auburn School District # 408|
|Color(s)||Teal, Blue, Silver and White|
Auburn Riverside High School is located in Auburn, Washington, United States. Located next to the White River, the school takes it name from its location. The school opened in 1995 due to overcrowding at Auburn Senior High School.
AR offers sixteen Advanced Placement classes: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Micro Economics, Computer Science, Calculus AB, European History, US History, US Government and Politics, World Studies, English Language/Composition, Literature, Culinary Arts, Spanish, French, Japanese, and German.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In addition to academics and athletics, ARHS has gained notice for its drama program, under the direction of Karla Gjerde Seman. A participant in 5th Avenue Theatre's High School Musical Awards since the program's inception in 2003, ARHS has accumulated many awards and nominations.
Auburn Riverside joined the Olympic Division of the North Puget Sound League in 2016.  Previously, they had been part of the SPSL 3A Central Division since the 2009-10 school year, which was a change from their former SPSL 4A North Division league, as the SPSL decided to split the league into three parts, rather than the previous two.
Recent state tournament results include:
- 1st Place- 2015 Cheer, 2015 Volleyball, 2010 Girls Basketball, 2008 Girls Basketball, 2007 Girls Basketball, and 2013 Baseball
- 2nd Place- 2006 Gymnastics, and 2002 Boys Tennis.
- 3rd Place- 2004 Girls Fastpitch, 2003 Boys Tennis, 2001 Boys Tennis, 2009 Girls Fastpitch, 2010 Girls Waterpolo, 2009 Girls Volleyball, and 2010 Boys Cross Country.
- 4th Place- 2009 Girls Basketball, 2004 Boys Cross Country, 2002 Boys Soccer, 2011 Girls Water Polo.
- 5th Place- 2007 Wrestling, 2005 Boys Tennis,2005 Boys Cross Country, and 2012 Boys Water Polo
- 6th Place- 2004 Boys Tennis, 2003 Boys Track and Field, and 2009 Boys Cross Country.
- 7th Place- 2006 Boys Tennis, 2005 Boys Cross Country, and 2003 Boys Cross Country, 2012 Girls Volleyball.
- 8th Place- 2006 Girls Cross Country and 2007 Boys Water Polo, and 2011 Boys Baseball
Auburn Riverside High School has won the Fugate trophy, for football, in 2011 and 2013.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (November 2015)|
- Ian Crawford - guitarist for Panic! at the Disco
- Chris Eylander - soccer player for Seattle Sounders FC
- Amy Crawford - Miss Auburn 1997 and Miss Washington USA 2005
- David Paulson - Tight end for Pittsburgh Steelers
- Michael Rucker - baseball player for the Chicago Cubs, drafted 2016 (Round 11, Pick 344) (ARHS Class of 2012)
- Tye Dutcher - one-time Paralympian (2016)
- Travis Stevens - summer Olympian silver medalist in men's 81 kg judo
- "Auburn Riverside High School - Contact Us". Auburn School District. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Divisions set for North Puget Sound League - Auburn Reporter". auburn-reporter.com. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Athlete Profiles - Michael Rucker". The Official Home of the BYU Cougars. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "2016 MLB DRAFT: BYU PITCHER MICHAEL RUCKER DRAFTED BY CHICAGO CUBS IN THE 11TH ROUND". Myinforms.com - United States news delivery. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "2016 MLB draft: BYU pitcher Michael Rucker drafted by Chicago Cubs in the 11th round". Vanquish the Foe - A BYU Cougars Community. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Cubs 2016 First-Year Player Draft – Day Three". Chicago Cubs Online. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Judoka Travis Stevens Wins Team USA's First-Ever Olympic Medal In His Weight Class". Team USA. Retrieved 2016-11-17.