|Founded||16 January 2022|
UGL Rail (50%)
Auckland One Rail is a train operator that commenced operating services under contract to Auckland Transport in January 2022. It is a 50/50 joint venture owned by Singapore-based ComfortDelGro and Australian-based UGL Rail. The operation is the first overseas heavy rail venture by a Singapore company, as well as ComfortDelGro's first in New Zealand.
Auckland suburban rail network
On 27 August 2021, Auckland One Rail (AOR) was awarded an eight-year contract by Auckland Transport to operate the Auckland suburban rail network, beating a consortium of Transdev, John Holland and CAF. It took over from Transdev Auckland on 16 January 2022. The contract is worth around $NZ 130m/yr over an initial 8-year term, and the venture will take over responsibility for train maintenance from 2025.
- "Acquisition of Shares in Transdev Auckland Limited". ComfortDelGro. 17 January 2022. Retrieved 15 July 2022.
- New operator appointed to run Auckland Transport's suburban rail service Radio New Zealand 27 August 2021
- ComfortDelGro JV wins contract to operate rail services in Auckland Business Times 27 August 2021
- ComfortDelGro joint venture lands $1.13 billion deal to operate rail services in Auckland Straits Times 27 August 2021
- "Auckland eyes integrated delivery" in Railway Gazette International October 2012 p8