Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
|Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo|
|Manufacturer||Audi Sport GmbH|
|Designer||Marc Lichte (lead)|
Andreas Krüger (exterior)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Related||Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO|
|Electric motor||3 electric motors|
One front, two rear
268 hp, 246 lb-ft per unit
|Power output||804 hp (600 kW; 815 PS)|
738 lb⋅ft (1,001 N⋅m)
|Transmission||Single-speed fixed gear|
|Curb weight||1,450 kg (3,197 lb)|
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is a two-seater concept car developed by Audi Sport GmbH and was manufactured in Germany. In April 2018, the car was unveiled at the Audi Competence Center Motorsport at Neuburg an der Donau, Bavaria, Germany, four days after two teaser trailers were released on YouTube. The Vision Gran Turismo is the third car in the "e-tron" electric lineup, after the Audi e-tron SUV and the Audi e-tron Sportback. The car was fully constructed in a span of 11 months.
The car was deemed the first official fully functioning concept car that can drive on the roads. This is also the first fully functioning concept car which matches the virtual and "on-paper" specifications with the real specifications.
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has three electric motors, two at the rear axle, one at the front axle. Each motor delivers 268 hp (200 kW; 272 PS) and 246 lb⋅ft (334 N⋅m), for a total of 804 hp (600 kW; 815 PS) and 738 lb⋅ft (1,001 N⋅m). The curb weight of the vehicle stands at 1,450 kg (3,197 lb) with a 50:50 weight distribution, and also giving the car a power-to-weight ratio of 554 hp per ton. The car runs on a permanent all-wheel drive drivetrain. The car does contain some elements used for future "e-tron" production cars, according to Audi. The e-tron Vision Gran Turismo also uses Audi's DTM ceramic brakes and steering wheel, 305-width racing tyres, and other parts from the Audi R8 LMS, their Group GT3 race car.
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is available for virtual driving in the Polyphony Digital racing game, Gran Turismo Sport. Two versions exist in the game, with one of them (which does not exist in the real world) scrapping the "e-tron" moniker and opting for a 3.4-liter turbocharged V6 engine with hybrid assistance from a single electric motor.
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo featured in the game has a significantly more conceptualized and fictitious interior compared to its real world counterpart’s more conventional race car design.
The e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is used as a race taxi for the ABB FIA Formula E Championship in the 2017–18 season. In the e-tron, customers of Audi are able to experience Formula E’s city circuits as passengers with either racing drivers Rahel Frey or Rinaldo "Dindo" Capello driving the concept car. Its first was in Rome, Italy at the Circuto Cittadino dell'EUR, the street circuit for the Rome ePrix.
- "Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo - von der Playstation auf die reale Rennstrecke". donaukurier.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- GRAN TURISMO TV (2018-04-05), Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo - This is the start of something completely new, retrieved 2018-04-09
- GRAN TURISMO TV (2018-04-04), Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo - Is it virtual or real?, retrieved 2018-04-09
- "Audi e-Tron Vision Gran Turismo Teased Ahead Of Reveal - NDTV CarAndBike". CarAndBike. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi made a real version of the all-electric 'e-tron Vision Gran Turismo' for the Formula E race taxi". Electrek. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi E-Tron Vision Gran Turismo Is Formula E's New EV Race Taxi". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo". gran-turismo.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo". www.audi.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi E-tron Vision Gran Turismo Headed to Formula E | Automobile Magazine". Automobile Magazine. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo concept review". www.topgear.com. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Constantine, Chris. "The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo Is a Real Video Game-Inspired Race Taxi". The Drive. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Audi E-Tron Vision Gran Turismo Revealed - NDTV CarAndBike". CarAndBike. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- MotoGamesTV (2018-04-09), Gran Turismo Sport - Audi Vision Gran Turismo Gameplay [PS4 Pro], retrieved 2018-04-10
- "Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo (Virtual Interior)". Car Body Design. Retrieved 2018-04-11.