Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital
|Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital|
|Veterans Health Administration|
|Location||7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Care system||Veterans' Affairs|
|Hospital type||Quaternary services and Level II Research facility|
|Affiliated university||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio|
|Emergency department||Comprehensive Emergency Center|
|Website||Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital|
|Lists||Hospitals in Texas|
Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital (STVHCS) is a care facility affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in Bexar County, in the U.S. state of Texas. It is operated by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
The hospital is named for Medal of Honor recipient and Texas native son Audie Murphy, who died in a plane crash on May 28, 1971. That same year, U.S. Congressman Olin Teague introduced legislation to name a planned Veterans Administration medical facility in San Antonio for Murphy. The facility was dedicated November 17, 1973.
- Simpson, Harold B. "Audie Leon Murphy". Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Baskerville, Bill (31 May 1971). "Audie Murphy, five others, found dead". The Prescott Courier. p. 1. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital". U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Coronado, José R. "The Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital". Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "VA Hospital Dedicated". Post Isabel, Texas: Port Isabel Press. November 22, 1973. Retrieved March 14, 2017 – via Newspaperarchives.com. (Subscription required (. ))
|This article relating to a hospital in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|